Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 29, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #59,986 of 62,929
Eureka! aptX Adaptive! After factory reset of the DAP with the BT codec update.... sounds so good.

HiBy M300 ($199.) sending to Bose Quiet Comfort Ultra earbuds.

Attachments

• IMG_5403.jpeg
    IMG_5403.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Jan 29, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #59,987 of 62,929
I see some guys on the water cooler were a little hard on you. Don’t worry about it, that thread has become an insane asylum.
I poke my head in there and am amazed at the huge dollars they throw down for a 1-2% improvement.. Ya pays ya money and takes ya chances……. 👍
Honestly how is this thread any different? Aside from the numbers being smaller it’s the same energy of over consumption of audio goods, and bending phone purchases over a damn codec being available.

Jan 29, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #59,990 of 62,929
Honestly how is this thread any different? Aside from the numbers being smaller it’s the same energy of over consumption of audio goods, and bending phone purchases over a damn codec being available.
In the other thread you have a decent percentage of people blindly defending $8,500 earphones while in this thread $3,000+ Klipsch ear computers get no play or support at all by anyone here. 😏

Jan 29, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #59,991 of 62,929
In the other thread you have a decent percentage of people blindly defending $8,500 earphones while in this thread $3,000+ Klipsch ear computers get no play or support at all by anyone here. 😏

The difference is that one company has decades of experience. The other is some random startup that decided to sell $3500 items. TWS is also not good for such a luxury purchase because of how fast it gets outdated, meanwhile you can pull out a decade old IEM and it still works. Hell I hesitate to buy the Svannar for the same reason.

It’s the same reason why Apple failed on selling its $17k Edition Apple Watch trying to compare it to a Rolex. And now you can’t even service the watch.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 9:03 PM Post #59,992 of 62,929
I see some guys on the water cooler were a little hard on you. Don’t worry about it, that thread has become an insane asylum.
I poke my head in there and am amazed at the huge dollars they throw down for a 1-2% improvement.. Ya pays ya money and takes ya chances……. 👍

Oh no worries. I find it very amusing. I mean the whole thing started just by me criticizing the price point. One guy took it like PERSONALLY and insinuated I had mental health problems, and was a big Karen, but he went off on the mental health thing a lot. He was really really really offended about me criticizing the UM $8,500 IEM - I mean it hurt him inside, maybe where an ex-partner hurt him? I dunno, but it's like a brand was their father.

Then I responded, and one of his buddies deleted, or had my response deleted, as a personal attack, but had kept his attack on me up. Turns out they knew each other. I was like holy crap, a boys club too? Then the boy's club of throwing money on expensive audio gear and posting about it nonstop for e-peen status reasons started insulting me and it was hilarious, and I gave it right back to them. It's not about the music anymore, it's about bling status street cred. Doesn't bother me at all.

On top of that multiple members pm'd me and said, this is the crap show this has become in this and a few other threads, it's depressing, don't take it too hard.

Bigly sad.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 9:16 PM Post #59,993 of 62,929
Oh no worries. I find it very amusing. I mean the whole thing started just by me criticizing the price point. One guy took it like PERSONALLY and insinuated I had mental health problems, and was a big Karen, but he went off on the mental health thing a lot. He was really really really offended about me criticizing the UM $8,500 IEM - I mean it hurt him inside, maybe where an ex-partner hurt him? I dunno, but it's like a brand was their father.

Then I responded, and one of his buddies deleted, or had my response deleted, as a personal attack, but had kept his attack on me up. Turns out they knew each other. I was like holy crap, a boys club too? Then the boy's club of throwing money on expensive audio gear and posting about it nonstop for e-peen status reasons started insulting me and it was hilarious, and I gave it right back to them. It's not about the music anymore, it's about bling status street cred. Doesn't bother me at all.

On top of that multiple members pm'd me and said, this is the crap show this has become in this and a few other threads, it's depressing, don't take it too hard.

Bigly sad.
I’m admittedly confused. Where was this? We will send Reacher out them to teach them a lesson. No one messes with the TWS guys (and gals).

Jan 29, 2024 at 9:17 PM Post #59,994 of 62,929

Then I responded, and one of his buddies deleted, or had my response deleted, as a personal attack, but had kept his attack on me up. Turns out they knew each other. I was like holy crap, a boys club too? Then the boy's club of throwing money on expensive audio gear and posting about it nonstop for e-peen status reasons started insulting me and it was hilarious. It's not about the music anymore, it's about bling status street cred. Doesn't bother me at all.

Bigly sad.
Just leave that thread to them, can’t think of better proof that an alternate universe exists. 😀

Jan 29, 2024 at 9:44 PM Post #59,996 of 62,929
Jan 29, 2024 at 10:19 PM Post #59,997 of 62,929
I’m admittedly confused. Where was this? We will send Reacher out them to teach them a lesson. No one messes with the TWS guys (and gals).
Dibs on Dixon.

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #59,998 of 62,929

Personally I’d say let sleeping dogs lie. There’s numerous hobbies out there that people spend eye popping amounts of money on that doesn’t make any sort of sense . Alcohol is one, and so is Pokémon cards…there’s so many random bottles of champagne out there that people spend five figures on, and same with cards.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 10:53 PM Post #60,000 of 62,929
Personally I’d say let sleeping dogs lie. There’s numerous hobbies out there that people spend eye popping amounts of money on that doesn’t make any sort of sense . Alcohol is one, and so is Pokémon cards…there’s so many random bottles of champagne out there that people spend five figures on, and same with cards.

Well first of all I had no idea that was this little boy's club there in water cooler.

But that shouldn't matter why should we let it lie. The fact is there is greed in the world. It's one of the biggest problems in the world. Of course sometimes people are greedy, sometimes companies are greedy, etc..

I never said it was bad to spend money on a hobby you like. Just look at the gear in my signature it's over 10K.

But I mean if we can't criticize a company for what is perceived by many as greed preying on the most vulnerable parts of the human condition, then what do we have left?

If we can't even discuss the shades of gray in how how brands, companies and people spend and advertise and market and fomo and hype, and all the things that go into any hobby or product line, What are we on the planet for if we can't discuss these subjects?

That sounds like a weird kind of censorship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back