Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 8, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #60,166 of 62,923
Yeah that’s what I was getting at. They sure don’t look the same to me either.
I bought in to the Cowboy Bebop ones a few weeks ago. At the time I read somewhere that there would be (is?) a PNK tuned version of same that was black. To be honest I don't know much about them but I was interested in the planar + dynamic driver And I liked the Cowboy Bebop anime back when so the collector's edition thing plus price made me buy on the spot.

Feb 8, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #60,167 of 62,923
I knew about the Crowdfunder model but apart from looks and weird Cowboy Bebop voices the black ones appear open/semi open (not good for ANC) and are BT 5.2 and seem to have 7 hour battery.

I cannot get the page to translate fully but they do not look the same model by what I can see so far.
I'm confused. Are you talking about the indiegogo ones? Those are Bluetooth 5.3

Feb 8, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #60,169 of 62,923
Yeah that’s what I was getting at. They sure don’t look the same to me either.

I get they may have had 2 styles, one for Asian market and one for rest of us but the specs are not the same.

EDIT: NVM It seems to be a black case protector (I thought there was two models or colours choice,

I'm confused. Are you talking about the indiegogo ones? Those are Bluetooth 5.3
The Red one is TE-ZX1. Indiegogo Tiers ($216, $249, $282 USD)
https://aviot.jp/product/te-zx1/
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/world-first-5-driver-wireless-earbuds-from-japan#/
1707404639064.png

The Black one is the TE-ZX1-PNK. ¥ 49,500 (Approximately $332 USD)
https://aviot.jp/product/te-zx1-pnk/
1707404655459.png

The main differences that I've found:
  • RED TE-ZX1: The voice guidance clips are recorded by the voice actors playing Cowboy Bebop characters.
    1707404842396.png
  • BLACK TE-ZX1-PNK: It's tuned by Pierre Nakano, drummer of band Ling Tosite Sigure, focusing on bass dynamics.
    1707404407381.png
As far as hardware goes, they have the same specs. Both are using BT 5.3 and have the same battery life.

1707404508776.png

1707404524610.png

Feb 8, 2024 at 10:13 AM Post #60,170 of 62,923
I knew about the Crowdfunder model but apart from looks and weird Cowboy Bebop voices the black ones appear open/semi open (not good for ANC) and are BT 5.2 and seem to have 7 hour battery.

I cannot get the page to translate fully but they do not look the same model by what I can see so far.
Indiegogo = TE ZX1
The link @Saraguie = TE Z1.

They are not the same!!!

Feb 8, 2024 at 10:13 AM Post #60,171 of 62,923
Cool as the webpage he linked to (in Japanese) for the black open style seemed to hint at 7 hours and it did state BT 5.2 but specs can be updated.

Indiegogo = TE ZX1
The link @Saraguie = TE Z1.

They are not the same!!!

That is much better, same as Red ones but in Black (IMO look better and no Bebop crap), confusing is over no doubt for clerkpalmer also.

My MTW3 have faulty wear sensor on right bud (hardly use due to fit) and if the MTW4 are the same size/shape then there is no point in the offer of a swap for me so will be asking for a refund.

Feb 8, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #60,176 of 62,923
Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #60,177 of 62,923
*It is not the same as the PNK model that Gilroypro and I have ordered. The I.D.D. model is a different color, different shell, and I believe different turning. Both have the 5 drivers, 1 being a planar. And a minor point because I think Aviot will produce them, "there is no working model of the I.D.D. model."
They are technically the same is specs like LDAC, battery and BT5.3. On the PNK version it uses the exact same tuning as the Red variant but is tweaked on the bass as stated by Pierre. Would need the Red one to be able to compare if there are any differences aside from the bass. Loving the sound it produces though

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #60,178 of 62,923
They are technically the same is specs like LDAC, battery and BT5.3. On the PNK version it uses the exact same tuning as the Red variant but is tweaked on the bass as stated by Pierre. Would need the Red one to be able to compare if there are any differences aside from the bass. Loving the sound it produces though
How does the new PNK compare to other popular TWS and IEMs? I'm a bit interested since it's the first TWS tribrid that I've heard of and it's using an uncommon driver config. For reference, the only TWS earphones I have are the Sony WF-1000XM4, but I've listened to more wired IEMs.

Feb 8, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #60,179 of 62,923
*It is not the same as the PNK model that Gilroypro and I have ordered. The I.D.D. model is a different color, different shell, and I believe different turning. Both have the 5 drivers, 1 being a planar. And a minor point because I think Aviot will produce them, "there is no working model of the I.D.D. model."
Sorry for the poor Translation. This is from Aviot's website:

"The best masterpiece of PNK series TE - Z1PNK
Only earphones can produce shocks greater than earphones. The sound quality, power, beauty, and immersion that we have created through repeated testing, research, and analysis in all kinds of environments easily exceeds your imagination. Equipped with active noise canceling was a big decision. Until now, we had stubbornly refused to install it due to concerns such as the feeling of pressure and the effect on sound quality, but we have finally achieved natural noise canceling performance that satisfies our needs. The announcement voice has also been enriched with the help of the PSYCHO-PASS team. Earphone's mission is to meet the expectations of all users. Please enjoy the masterpiece of AVIOT x Pierre Nakano, PNK series."
- Pierre Nakano

Feb 8, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #60,180 of 62,923
Sorry for the poor Translation. This is from Aviot's website:

"The best masterpiece of PNK series TE - Z1PNK
Only earphones can produce shocks greater than earphones. The sound quality, power, beauty, and immersion that we have created through repeated testing, research, and analysis in all kinds of environments easily exceeds your imagination. Equipped with active noise canceling was a big decision. Until now, we had stubbornly refused to install it due to concerns such as the feeling of pressure and the effect on sound quality, but we have finally achieved natural noise canceling performance that satisfies our needs. The announcement voice has also been enriched with the help of the PSYCHO-PASS team. Earphone's mission is to meet the expectations of all users. Please enjoy the masterpiece of AVIOT x Pierre Nakano, PNK series."
- Pierre Nakano
Thanks for that. Can we expect this product to be on Amazon US anytime soon? I don't have a lot of experience with Aviot products. Looks like I don't want those horrible red things on Indiegogo and I'd probably prefer not to order from Japan. Any idea what the timing might be on a US release for those with experience with Aviot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back