Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 19, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #62,026 of 62,400
I don't think the Noble stuff is geared towards phone calls, but I do have the Falcon Max and they do work fine for calls in the house or office.

Today, the only buds that are up to 300 are my B&O EX (tried and true), Jabra Elite 10, Noble Falcon Max, APP2, Devialet Gemini 2 (more than 3 bills). I will say, thoroughly enjoying my IE600 and Hype 4 right now on those Ifi Adapters.
You returned your Sennheiser Sport?

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #62,027 of 62,400
Guys, for the first time I used the Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Pro with ANC while I was driving. My car has a sports muffler and a blow off valve, so its loud, really loud. And with the Buds 2 Pro with ANC on, it kills all the sound like it was weird driving the car whilst wearing those, because being a stick shifter I usually have the engine sound cueing when to shift but now I can't hear anything.

I didn't realise how good the ANC on these were, but the question now is, how does this compare to say the Jabra Elite 10 or the TE-ZX1?
On the plane. Aviot wins over the others. Not close

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #62,028 of 62,400
I don't think the Noble stuff is geared towards phone calls, but I do have the Falcon Max and they do work fine for calls in the house or office.

Today, the only buds that are up to 300 are my B&O EX (tried and true), Jabra Elite 10, Noble Falcon Max, APP2, Devialet Gemini 2 (more than 3 bills). I will say, thoroughly enjoying my IE600 and Hype 4 right now on those Ifi Adapters.
Thanks!

I looked them.
-EX is still 400. I guess Amazon Warehouse is an option but I don't know if it has any warranty.
-I will definitely consider the Jabra Elite 10. I will add them as possibles next to the Technics AZ80. How is the SQ on the Jabra relative to the others you listed?
-Falcon Max would have to be used to get under 300. I don't know if warranty would apply in that case.
-Bit hesitant to buy IEM adapter since they hook around the ear.

I personally hesitate buying things with no warranty. Especially for something costing $200+. If it was like $150, no big loss.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 7:43 PM Post #62,029 of 62,400
Thanks!

I looked them.
-EX is still 400. I guess Amazon Warehouse is an option but I don't know if it has any warranty.
-I will definitely consider the Jabra Elite 10. I will add them as possibles next to the Technics AZ80. How is the SQ on the Jabra relative to the others you listed?
-Falcon Max would have to be used to get under 300. I don't know if warranty would apply in that case.
-Bit hesitant to buy IEM adapter since they hook around the ear.

I personally hesitate buying things with no warranty. Especially for something costing $200+. If it was like $150, no big loss.
I will say this about the EX. I made the first warehouse purchase for 200.00 and then my brother did the same and finally @erockg. All three came like new. When you sign in to the app and it recognizes them you will receive an email saying you have 3 years of warranty. B&O is super good with their warranty.

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:40 PM Post #62,030 of 62,400
I will say this about the EX. I made the first warehouse purchase for 200.00 and then my brother did the same and finally @erockg. All three came like new. When you sign in to the app and it recognizes them you will receive an email saying you have 3 years of warranty. B&O is super good with their warranty.
Really? Wouldn't they require original invoice if service becomes necessary? Invoice may say "Used."

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:00 PM Post #62,031 of 62,400
Really? Wouldn't they require original invoice if service becomes necessary? Invoice may say "Used."
It appears the app triggers the warranty. I received the notification that I have a three-year warranty. Maybe @erockg knows something more.

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:50 PM Post #62,032 of 62,400
After some research, I think my best choices are brand new Technics AZ80 or used Beoplay EX (warranty matters to me personally). Anyone have experience with both of those buds or knowledge you can share? I basically care about SQ, comfort, and build quality. Anything else is extra and doesn't matter to me these days. I can use both LDAC and aptx on my Pixel 8.

Right now, I'm leaning toward new AZ80 since both cost about the same.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 12:24 AM Post #62,033 of 62,400
It appears the app triggers the warranty. I received the notification that I have a three-year warranty. Maybe @erockg knows something more.
Same here! Mine came perfect.

Apr 20, 2024 at 12:25 AM Post #62,034 of 62,400
You returned your Sennheiser Sport?
Yah. Figured I had better options in my collection. Maybe I’ll revisit if they drop in price. Maybe not. You know the drill.

Apr 20, 2024 at 12:27 AM Post #62,035 of 62,400
Got the same notification too on the Amazon Warehouse purchased set.

Apr 20, 2024 at 10:31 AM Post #62,036 of 62,400
After some research, I think my best choices are brand new Technics AZ80 or used Beoplay EX (warranty matters to me personally). Anyone have experience with both of those buds or knowledge you can share? I basically care about SQ, comfort, and build quality. Anything else is extra and doesn't matter to me these days. I can use both LDAC and aptx on my Pixel 8.

Right now, I'm leaning toward new AZ80 since both cost about the same.
I have both. Personally, I like the AZ80s better as their features outside of SQ are better. For example, the Noise cancelling, ambient mode, mics are much better than the EX. Transparency mode on the EX shouldn't even be called transparency mode, it's awful. Comfort wise they are very similar in my ears. The EX are waterproof where the AZ80s are not, if that is important to you. I also have the AZ60s, and the AZ80s are much different in terms of sound and comfort. I never found the AZ60s to be overly comfortable, which is quite the opposite for me with the AZ80s.

Apr 20, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #62,038 of 62,400
I have both. Personally, I like the AZ80s better as their features outside of SQ are better. For example, the Noise cancelling, ambient mode, mics are much better than the EX. Transparency mode on the EX shouldn't even be called transparency mode, it's awful. Comfort wise they are very similar in my ears. The EX are waterproof where the AZ80s are not, if that is important to you. I also have the AZ60s, and the AZ80s are much different in terms of sound and comfort. I never found the AZ60s to be overly comfortable, which is quite the opposite for me with the AZ80s.
Thanks for that. What about call quality and insertion depth? Do both go deep into the canal or stay towards the opening? How would you say the apps compare? Battery life good in both?

Apr 20, 2024 at 11:18 AM Post #62,039 of 62,400
Thanks for that. What about call quality and insertion depth? Do both go deep into the canal or stay towards the opening? How would you say the apps compare? Battery life good in both?
The AZ80s beat the EX on call quality as well. I only initially tested the EX with calls due to occlusion with the ambient mode being no existent. My coworker said the 80s sounded really good, and just "not bad" with the EX. *note that I tested the EX a while back when I got them new and did not do a side by side. The insertion depth to me was where Technics made the best comfort improvement over the 60s. The 80s are not as shallow as the EX, but they don't require tunneling into your ear canal to fit properly. Multipoint is more robust on the AZ80s, the app is much better with much more control over the TWS (i.e. customized tapping) and a more controllable EQ. Battery life is a couple hours better on the 80s as well. Not knocking the EX at all though as they are very good in terms of quality, warranty, SQ, etc. I just simply have found the 80s more to my liking since I bought them. One additional note if you use an Android wifi media player - I have not been able to find the B&O app in the Google play store. B&O support could never answer that question for me. It's the same on all three of my Walkmans, so I don't use them with those devices.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 12:02 PM Post #62,040 of 62,400
From personal experience. The first app pairing with the B&O EX gets the warranty. The original registrar can transfer the warranty by certificate request which comes from B&O as a PDF. Otherwise they won't honour it. I guess if you don't get the email from amazon you could return it and try again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back