Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 7, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #28,216 of 62,665
I favor the large tips too. But don’t use the fins. Just make sure I seat them well. I may turn off the touch function, i use my iphone for volume and track skip etc.

Much more comfortable with fins off. After listening to music, I'm definitely sending the Sennheiser cx400bt back. If the Senns were more comfortable and had ambient mode, I would have kept them. Sony and Touch sound 95% just as good, are 10x more comfortable and have more features for similar cost.

I will have until monday to decide between Sony and Touch. I want to try Touch for couple days to see how good the connection stays. So far, they have worked without a problem but keeping my fingers crossed. Only issue I noticed so far is when I switched to AAC to test that versus aptx. Only 1 earbud turned on so I had sound on 1 side only. I switched back to aptx and suddenly had sound on both sides. I tried switching back & forth 3 times to test and am unable to replicate it even with AAC on.

I noted an interesting comment on different forums btw - perhaps connection issue could be affected by the phone?? I use Google Pixel 3 with latest android 11. Perhaps some phones have certain compatibility issues or older android version? I don't know about iOS so can't comment on iOS.

Jan 8, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #28,220 of 62,665
Anyone else have 85t and using round aftermarket tips?
Did an experiment today as my spin fit 360 arrived.
Tried them in the XM3 and was pleased with comfort and sound. However they stick out a bit farther from the ears and feel like they wobble if I were to simulate running or exercising.

For fun decided to try to fit the tips on the Jabra 85t. Wow. They managed to go on were comfortable and had a nice fit and seal no movement was going to shake them loose. The sound changed however so I EQ'd them with Jose tips in and they sound fantastic.
Seems the bass was attenuated a bit so actually went to increase it whereas before it was adjusted below flat.
I also had to lower the mids a bit whereas before they were neutral to slightly bumpers up. And treble was same to very slightly reduced.

Soundstage and separation was as good as XM3. Vocals were a bit warmer and in the forefront compared to the Sony's. Bass and treble were very similar sounding between the 2. My only concern is no waxguard on the tips.

For reference I also see Misodiko has tips aftermarket for these as does an eBay seller. Also seems that the freebud pro have oval tips that word fit.

Would love to hear from more 85t users. To me they beat the Technics 1more and 75t sound handily. Find they are up there with the Sony. Some songs I prefer the Sony tuned sound others the 85t.

85t benefit are the ipx4,Qi charging, smaller case and bud size as well as better more secure fit with these tips. Also multi device pairing. You also have more control via the buttons which for me is a plus and buttons are more glocve and had friendly for us northerners.

ANC is too close to call but tests in house seems fan noise was blocked better by the 85t by a tiny bit.

Sony have maybe a small overall sound benefit, but much closer than I thought. Also can use either but individually, though I don't really ever do that

More testing needed but am surprised these are not getting more love here. Must be because of a couple bad early reviews before firmware update and non conventional tips. But I have tried and can with a bit of effort had comy and spin fit tips go on and stay on securely while still fitting in the charger.
Just got my 85t and found even the Spinfit 360 can stay on well and make a great seal.

Eagerly awaiting the 85t Actives..

Jan 8, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #28,221 of 62,665
Not there yet in 2020.
Just go some FH3s and compared them to Technics (barely ok), Senn True MKII (ok), BO H5 (meh, treble monster). While the FH3 still has that metallic tinge it simply MURDERS the BT ones in all points.

Jan 8, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #28,222 of 62,665
Interesting re phone differences. I use an LG V20 at home as a DAP. Think I’ll connect the M Touch and check out aptx. See if that affects connectivity.

Now I see.

Initial pairing worked great. The problem is on trying to re-connect.. Only 1 esrbud re-connects. Other one does not reconnect. It's an inter-linking issue and not something that aptx would change unfortunately. Aptx impacts the phone to earbud connection but not interconnection between the earbuds. That is unfortunate..

I had to put earbuds in case and re-connect to get both connected this time. I am going to see if I can duplicate the issue and whether it happens everytime.

Jan 8, 2021 at 4:39 AM Post #28,223 of 62,665
Hello everyone ! I’m new on the forum and I’m looking for a great pair of true wireless headphones.
Not wishing to deceive me in my choice, I come to take advice here.

To summarize briefly, a few months ago, I bought the Airpods pro for their versatility and the good I heard of them.
However, I got rid of them because I found them uncomfortable and their sound was not up to my expectations.
After some research I hesitate between these models :

1. Bose QuietComfort Earbuds
  2. Shure Aonic 215 True Wireless
  3. Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch
  4. Ultimate Ears UE Fits
  5. 1 More True Wireless ANC

Concerning what I’m listening to, I’m mostly rock and roll oriented and I’m sometimes roaming (excluding covid, of course), so I need good insulation. I mainly listen to my music via my iPhone X or my Mac in mp3 file, in 320 kbps.
If you have any other suggestions, I would welcome them as well.

Thank you for your answers ! (Sorry for my English, but this is definitely not my mother tongue :sweat_smile:).

Jan 8, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #28,224 of 62,665
Hello everyone ! I’m new on the forum and I’m looking for a great pair of true wireless headphones.
Not wishing to deceive me in my choice, I come to take advice here.

To summarize briefly, a few months ago, I bought the Airpods pro for their versatility and the good I heard of them.
However, I got rid of them because I found them uncomfortable and their sound was not up to my expectations.
After some research I hesitate between these models :

1. Bose QuietComfort Earbuds
  2. Shure Aonic 215 True Wireless
  3. Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch
  4. Ultimate Ears UE Fits
  5. 1 More True Wireless ANC

Concerning what I’m listening to, I’m mostly rock and roll oriented and I’m sometimes roaming (excluding covid, of course), so I need good insulation. I mainly listen to my music via my iPhone X or my Mac in mp3 file, in 320 kbps.
If you have any other suggestions, I would welcome them as well.

Thank you for your answers ! (Sorry for my English, but this is definitely not my mother tongue :sweat_smile:).
I would skip the 1more. Sound is dark and warm with no built in eq.
Battery life is poor and overtake volume is lacking. If you want ANC I would lookvat the Sony or Jabra or Technicsdorms in what sound signature you like.
Mtw or nose are more eq options as well.

Jan 8, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #28,225 of 62,665
Noticed one thing with Melomanias Touch, it's only giving me connection problems when the app is running and connected to the buds. If it's off, the connect just fine.
Also, if the app is connected, one of the buds discharging much faster. Like 20% faster. My guess is that app is buggy. Not like I need it much. I can EQ it from within the music app on my phone. I also, like some other guys here, disable the touch controls. They too sensitive, especially when laying in bed on my side. I can confirm, that the battery life is close to their specs. I got 6.5 hours on one charge with high performance mode. And I am still thinking, that MT has the best sound quality from out of every TWS I had before.

Jan 8, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #28,226 of 62,665
One thing I like about Jabra is their app support, firmware updates and reliability.
I have an old pair of Jabra Elite Sport with the heart rate monitor and sports app and they are going strong for 3 years, both battery and case are still perfectly fine and while technology has moved on in terms of sq they are still great as a daily driver when I don’t mind sacrificing sq for ease of use and reliability.

(a bit of topic, since they’re not really TW, but I thought it was interesting)

I still use my Jaybird Bluebuds X, from 2014. Also still going. The battery does not last as long as initially and the rubber on the wire is getting a bit sticky. But I can still workout in them. This was the first model, before they sold to Logitech, and it’s amazing how long these have lasted. Bluetooth 2.1! Unbelievable... but true.

Jan 8, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #28,227 of 62,665
Battery life is poor and overtake volume is lacking. If you want ANC I would lookvat the Sony or Jabra or Technicsdorms in what sound signature you like.

@Pierre81 I would agree with those 3 options. You should try the Sony wf-1000xm3 and technics AZ70 if you can. I tried both of them. Technics had great sound but I didn't find them very comfortable. Sony were the perfect balance for me between sound and comfort, but lots of other posters here complain about fit issues. Your comfort might depend on your personal ears. For me, I preferred the Sony for sure.

Jan 8, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #28,229 of 62,665
Thank you for your reply !

In your opinion, which between QC, MTW2 and Technics seems the best compromise ?
The sound quality seems very slightly better on the MTW2 and Technics but the isolation is much better on the Bose.

Jan 8, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #28,230 of 62,665
Does anyone have any recommendations for buds that can be used while sleeping? I need isolation and buds that don't stick out so I can lie on my side. I'm really looking for tiny sized TWS.
Do you need music or just noise for sleeping? I use the Bose sleepbuds 2 for sleep and they’re great, no issues on my side

Users who are viewing this thread

Back