Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 11, 2022 at 9:58 PM Post #49,306 of 62,917
Received the Wireless Earbuds, which I ordered for my kid, on Friday. I should admit that I was wrong in saying that Wireless Sound Quality is only 25% of Wired ones. Actually, it is not even 5%. There is no comparison at all and it is proved yet again. So as I have been saying, these Bluetooth Earbuds and removing Headphone Jack is the biggest scam and nothing more than that. Sadly, even the Regulatory Bodies and other responsible organisations got huge money as part of this corruption so that they won't raise any objection on this illegal practices.
And he's back. What brand did you end up getting?

Dec 11, 2022 at 10:30 PM Post #49,307 of 62,917
Not much talk on here about the 1more Evo which have dual drivers ldac multipoint and with recent firmware update have graphic equalizer control as well.
I see them on sale for as low as $125 wondering if it's worth it. I have watched some of yous that say sound wise it seems to be at the top and it's ANC is not far behind the Sony.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #49,308 of 62,917
@MelodyMood also I guess everyone has better things to do than encourage an argument with you regarding tws. . . But not me.

I think you're discounting a lot of what is good about tws. For me this product is one of the more exciting things to collect. You're discounting first of all the convenience of having no cords, the cool designs companies come up with and all of the extra features that the buds offer along with the improvements of these aspects.

Everything from the case to the fit to the feel make tws more fun to have with you than wired iems or over earphones.

Also some people here will disagree with me, but I think some tws are superior to some cabled iems in sound quality. I haven't purchased a $300 pair of wired iems before but I do get better sound quality and imaging from some of my TWS than I do from $150 audio Technica wired buds.

Also on a pure enjoyment basis, I enjoy using TWS for listening as much or more than my Beyerdynamic DT 770.

Plus the absolute joy of working out and running with TWS beats any over ear or wired iems for the same purpose.

Even if I'm wrong, this thread is a group of people who think this technology is exciting so subjectivise all you want with us, it won't work because we can subjectivise back harder and better.

Dec 12, 2022 at 12:09 AM Post #49,309 of 62,917
@MelodyMood also I guess everyone has better things to do than encourage an argument with you regarding tws. . . But not me.

I think you're discounting a lot of what is good about tws. For me this product is one of the more exciting things to collect. You're discounting first of all the convenience of having no cords, the cool designs companies come up with and all of the extra features that the buds offer along with the improvements of these aspects.

Everything from the case to the fit to the feel make tws more fun to have with you than wired iems or over earphones.

Also some people here will disagree with me, but I think some tws are superior to some cabled iems in sound quality. I haven't purchased a $300 pair of wired iems before but I do get better sound quality and imaging from some of my TWS than I do from $150 audio Technica wired buds.

Also on a pure enjoyment basis, I enjoy using TWS for listening as much or more than my Beyerdynamic DT 770.

Plus the absolute joy of working out and running with TWS beats any over ear or wired iems for the same purpose.

Even if I'm wrong, this thread is a group of people who think this technology is exciting so subjectivise all you want with us, it won't work because we can subjectivise back harder and better.
Well I think the point is that with wired iems you should have a good source too, instead with tws it's all in that, so maybe you can prefer the tws for that, it's more an easy listening.

Dec 12, 2022 at 12:11 AM Post #49,310 of 62,917
@Canabuc the Evo looks interesting but unfortunately $165 in Canada (after $50 discount coupon) so a bit to steep for me. I snuck the JBL Live Free past my wife because I had already ponied up $75 for the Tune 130NC a week ago so it only looked like $45 when I swapped for the bigger model :wink:.

But the Evo is definitely intriguing. Have any of the earlier review updated their comments now that the custom EQ is available?

Dec 12, 2022 at 1:24 AM Post #49,311 of 62,917
@Canabuc the Evo looks interesting but unfortunately $165 in Canada (after $50 discount coupon) so a bit to steep for me. I snuck the JBL Live Free past my wife because I had already ponied up $75 for the Tune 130NC a week ago so it only looked like $45 when I swapped for the bigger model :wink:.

But the Evo is definitely intriguing. Have any of the earlier review updated their comments now that the custom EQ is available?
1 or 2 written ones agreed the fact. I like the idea of a dynamic driver and balanced armature.
Only heard great things about the sound and apparently very comfortable. I love my AZ60 and only two complaint is after a couple of hours they bother my ears.

Dec 12, 2022 at 1:33 AM Post #49,312 of 62,917
Well I think the point is that with wired iems you should have a good source too, instead with tws it's all in that, so maybe you can prefer the tws for that, it's more an easy listening.
Also nothing better than walking around on a work call waving your arms around like the American Psycho doing business (Or in our case on the phone to Amazon returns)

Dec 12, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #49,313 of 62,917
I like a good hybrid setup, but find a single BA and Dynamic is not enough to give great holographic imaging.

I also find the AZ60 a bit uncomfortable after using for a couple of hours. Right now my most comfortable TWS is the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro which has a dual dynamic driver, followed closely by the JBL Live Free 2 and Sony Linkbuds S, both which fall just shy of the GB2P for comfort for varying reasons. All 3 are more comfortable that the AZ60 by quite a bit. The 1MOre Evo looks to be similarly shaped to the JBL Live Free 2 at least where is sits in the ear. The Free 2 have slight curve to its shape which makes it fit like a glove in my ear. I also find its tips combined with the oval stem shape very comfortable.

JBL Live Free 2.jpg

Dec 12, 2022 at 3:08 AM Post #49,314 of 62,917
Looking for some help. This TWS design was sold a few years back and has had different names in different regions - Whizzer, Mezone, and Hieha, always called B6 for model number. They had a somewhat unique shape and the case was interesting too, opened up in half instead of having a lid.

1670797150569.png

I'm looking for something similar or ideally the same. It's the only TWS design that really fits my wife comfortably, but the battery is dying. We have tried over a dozen others but none work as well for her small ears. Seems to be the fairly deep stem combined with the really small body - even without ANC, they isolate really well for her.

Anyone ever see something similar out there? It can be a cheap no-name brand for all I care, it's all about the fit at this point.

These seem to have pretty similar design:
https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Smallest-Earphones-Wide-Range-Connection/dp/B0BDYW44VX

516BAM1lJ4L._AC_SX466_.jpg

Dec 12, 2022 at 6:19 AM Post #49,316 of 62,917
Anyone seen these bad boys from Smabat?! 3 month crowdfunding has now started...…

1668848273334477.jpg

https://www.smabat.cn/smabat/products/47495928.html

Also, review of the Mini Pro HS is up, here at headfi and on YouTube:

TLDR - ANC is a big improvement (and very strong compared with the original), Calls are pretty good, Sound is good for the price but the LDAC hype train is definitely at the station ready to leave

Dec 12, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #49,318 of 62,917
Anyone seen these bad boys from Smabat?! 3 month crowdfunding has now started...…

https://www.smabat.cn/smabat/products/47495928.html

Also, review of the Mini Pro HS is up, here at headfi and on YouTube:

TLDR - ANC is a big improvement (and very strong compared with the original), Calls are pretty good, Sound is good for the price but the LDAC hype train is definitely at the station ready to leave

i was not supposed to, but too weak to resist at this price
2022-12-12 19.09.24 www.aliexpress.com 2f88d87d05e6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back