Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 25, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #52,831 of 62,961
i cant fint this capsule3 pro on oficial soundpeats web. it is best sounding from soundpeats tws?
Do the Soundpeats need to have ANC or is SQ more important or both?

Sonic Pro & H1 = good SQ (Dual Drivers) NO ANC.

Opera 03/05 good SQ and Decent ANC (Dual and Triple Drivers).

Last edited:
May 25, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #52,832 of 62,961
So wait, the AZ80 are not the "Rolls Royce Of ANC Earbuds". :grinning:

May 25, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #52,833 of 62,961
Did they raise the price? $799 seems awfully ambitious. At that price, for me, they’d have to sound better than full sized cans and basically be a replacement for them. Still an interesting product. Guess it’s time to dump apple again since they still have shown no interest in supporting hi res wireless audio.
Aus dollars. But still the highest priced tws. The hifiman man crowd won't flinch at it. I think we can expect high end tws to keep creeping that price up.

Still looks like cheap powder coated plastic tho.

May 25, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #52,834 of 62,961
Aus dollars. But still the highest priced tws. The hifiman man crowd won't flinch at it. I think we can expect high end tws to keep creeping that price up.

Still looks like cheap powder coated plastic tho.
Typical HFM build quality. Which is to say, pretty poor. I think I’ll wait for some reviews.

May 25, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #52,836 of 62,961
May 25, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #52,838 of 62,961
Huawai Watchbuds...
DSC09172.jpg

Or maybe you need some PlayStation buds....
Fw7AyZLWwAEoCet-920x518.jpeg

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news...sh-design-and-lossless-over-bluetooth-4330368

May 25, 2023 at 6:21 PM Post #52,839 of 62,961
i cant fint this capsule3 pro on oficial soundpeats web. it is best sounding from soundpeats tws?

does noble mystique is better SQ vs bose QCE II ? or both very same and best sounding tws now?
I have the FoKus pro and they are astounding. I suspect the Mystique would be better yet.

I haven’t heard the Bose but they probably have fantastic NC

I’m listening to my Kublai Khans right now. Huge noble fan

May 25, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #52,840 of 62,961
You forgot about the Swedish bikini team and Swedish meatballs. 4 to zip :)

I wonder if they just call them meatballs there though. They probably would.
They call them shitballs.

Well close. It's pronounced shetbollas. Spelt : köttbullar

Last edited:
May 25, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #52,841 of 62,961
May 25, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #52,842 of 62,961
Actually like the design. Cool to see more unique designs
Also if they can do lossless most likely the XM5 will adopt that as well. Assuming "new technology" to enable lossless over BT means more than just LDAC. Interesting to see just what that term actually refers to.

May 26, 2023 at 1:16 AM Post #52,844 of 62,961
I'm no audiophile for sure, and most of my earbuds were the under 70$ mark and I thought they sounded great. (I love a V shape with bass you can inhale, though my main genre is rock/pop not rap or EDM so much) but when I bought the Soundcore Liberty 4's last summer, they really opened my ears to better sound. Even laying in bed at night with the volume low I could feel the bass thump in Doin' it Right by Daft Punk. So I was done researching new earbuds and enjoying the 4's.

But last week, while listening on the pool deck and cleaning my above-ground pool the right Liberty 4, lept from my head and dove into 4 feet of freezing cold water. My brain froze over the idea of freezing for a sec then went into the pool and scooped it up and put it on the deck. I noticed the ear tip was gone. The ones I had are clear so I thought, CRAP I'll never find it in my clear pool. I looked down into the water and saw my S22+ Ultra lying on the bottom because I had my shorts on, lol. The phone is pretty waterproof so I wasn't worried, but I realized for some reason the eartip was still in my ear, the bud wanted to swim so bad it disengaged from the tip to dive!
Ok, I'm going on and on, so I wanted to get new earbuds since the liberty was trashed and I saw these Technics AZ80s and thought maybe it was time to spend some big money and see if I could have another awakening of perceptions...
They came today a day earlier than expected (US, Amazon FYI) after updating them and setting them up the way I like them...I just sent them back. The bass doesn't hit that deep deep note in Doin' it Right like my Libertys did which surprised me and also strangely the volume up and down on the taps didn't raise the volume of the phone, just the earbud volume. 🤷‍♂️
I sent them back and ordered a 2nd pair of the Liberty 4s. By the way, I was able to test between the two back and forth because after a couple of days, the waterlogged earbud now works fine. Take that with a grain of salt for your own use. 🙂

edit: Just some grammar fixin'

Interesting ... till now none of the TWS I bought are fully satisfying .. I still own them all :
=> Melomania 1 (Tiny, good SQ, but no LDAC and no ANC),
=> Airpod pro 1&2 (Good SQ, no LDAC),
=> B&O E8 v2 (Good SQ no LDAC),
=> Samsung Live (acceptable SQ, no LDAC, ANC a bit bit mediocre and weird to keep in the ears),
=> Buds2 pro (Good SQ, Tiny, SSC rather satisfying but still some room for improvement, good ANC, battery playing time is too short for me),
=> 1xJVC & 1xVictor HA-FW1000T (probably my preferred sound quality of my list, acceptable ANC, no LDAC, still missing some playing time with 8h available),
=> Jabra Elite 7 Pro (Tiny, sound quality is rather dull, acceptable ANC, no LDAC, longest playing time of all my TWS)..

For sure, as it is very easy to make instant A/B comparison between LDAC/AAC/APTX with Bluetooth Codec Changer App and all of my dongles (BTR7, GoBlu, R3pro Saber, UP4(2022) connected XBA-N3/Xelento/IE600 => I can say that no LDAC Codec support is a clearly a real limitation for TWS sound quality compared to an available lossless CD quality LDAC 900/990Kbps (Vs 256Kpbs's AAC) .

Samsung SSC is already a significant step up from AAC but... but, I am convinced that it is still not at the level at all for SQ with a little LDAC combo like my favourite Up4(2022)+XBA-N3.

The HA-FW1000T is, for me, till now the best SQ I own, but this TWS is also still rather far from a similar combo JVC HA-FW1800 with a BT receiver like BTR7 or WM1A => So it's probably due to the very limited AAC bandwith connexion with my DAPs like Z Fold 4/Fiio M17/WM1A.

The Technics AZ80 could have been an option for me if it had at least 9 hours (without ANC) or more playing time and not 7 hours or less, so I just pulled the trigger for the Anker Soundcore Liberty 4 (LDAC - 8 hours - good ANC - compact)..
I should get it tomorrow from Amazon and see if it a real step up, to the long way to acceptable sound quality, is done for more complete TWS... though, I doubt my preferred combo for evening/nights in the bed will loose its crown (Go Blu + XBA-N3)... but... I will see this week end.

NB : I use 100% of the time my IEMs/TWS playing Qobuz with Powamp EQ Parametric Equalizer activated (Android 10+) with an AuroEQ profile near Harman 2019 V2 target curve or even more extreme RokudouGoku's one for ambient music.

Last edited:
May 26, 2023 at 1:44 AM Post #52,845 of 62,961
Interesting ... till now none of the TWS I bought are fully satisfying .. I still own them all => Melomania 1 (no LDAC), Airpod pro 1&2 (No LDAC), B&O E8 (No LDAC), Samsung Live (No LDAC), Buds2 pro (SSC), JVC & Victor HA-FW1000T (No LDAC), Jabra Elite 7 Pro (No LDAC)..
For sure, as it is very easy to make A/B comparison between LDAC/AAC/APTX with my dongles (BTR7, GoBlu, R3pro Saber, UP4(2022) + XBA-N3/Xelento => clearly no LDAC support is a real limitation for sound quality with TWS.
Samsung SSC is already better than AAC but... but can't compete at all for SQ with a little combo like Up4(2022)+XBA-N3.

The HA-FW1000T is till now the best SQ I own, but it is still very far from the HA-FW1800 with BTR7, it's probably due to the very limited AAC connexion with my Z Fold 4.
Technics AZ80 could have been an option if it had 8 hours or more playing time and not 6 or less, so I pulled the trigger for the Anker Liberty 4 (LDAC/8 hours/good ANC).. I should get it tomorrow from Amazon and see if a step up to the long way to acceptable sound quality is done with TWS...

NB : I use 100% of the time my IEMs & Qobuz with Parametric Equalizer activated (Android 10+ Poweramp EQ) with an AuroEQ profile near Harman 2019 V2 curve.

Yeah, I love the Poweramp EQ also, it's exactly how I like setting up my EQ.

P.S. Make sure to install the Soundcore app and enable the LDAC it's in a different setting and toggles between that or dual connections, can't use both. LDAC makes a difference to me and I listen to Amazon Music because they offer a good selection of Ultra HD songs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back