Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 12, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #57,466 of 62,751
Oct 12, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #57,467 of 62,751
Like to admit it or kit the Akg n400 is still as banging as any other
I think they are a little too “Harmon”. But they definitely aren’t bad.

Oct 12, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #57,468 of 62,751
While I'm enjoying my MTB03 now, I still rank the Aviot TE-Z1pnk as the absolute best in the SQ department amongst TWS released up till now in terms of balance, soundstage, bass rumble and high-extension, together with great functionality and very nice ANC. Soundwise the MTB03 is the more natural and relax listen with slightly better coherence (single driver afterall), while the Aviot is more technical and revealing. Both got excellent soundstage for a TWS and impactful yet not distracting bass.
What’s your music and do you speak Japanese? I looked up the Aviot app and I’d need it translated… just curious about the music as that might impact what earphones you like - if a lot of bright female voices
Want to add that the Montblanc offers one of the, if not THE, most satisfying natural soundstaging capabilities out of all TWS I have tried/bought. Balanced, natural and transparent sounding, nothing tries to steal the focus from the whole.

With all that said, this sort of sound signature might not jump at you at first listen, so if you have a MB boutique near you, do set aside some time and do a more extensive demo with different genres. Pretty certain you won't regret it.
can you post some pictures from the Montblanc app? I want to see what options there are for ANC and EQ respectfully. Thanks!

Oct 12, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #57,469 of 62,751
They seem like XM3's in White.

The Sonys could be interesting as video call/gaming earbuds...! :)
It has the XM5 dynamic driver X so it can't be the XM3. XM3 is a 6mm not the 8.4mm. Smaller and a better shape even though there is a resemblance if looking quick.
1697150527746.png
vs.
1697150631549.png

Of course the new ones are LE only while the XM3 wouldn't know what the heck LE audio is. That is the rub so far on these you need current Android with LE or an iPhone with usb-C to plug the adapter in or these would only be good as earplugs not being backward compatible. LC3 is the only codec but damn...
1697151890606.png

...a whole day straight with ANC off on LE for music. Probably not gonna get that in real life at decent volume though. :)

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #57,470 of 62,751
OK, so these Soundcore Liberty 4 NC are really nice and at $80CAD an insanely good deal...

Major fun factor sound, not for purist but who cares... LOL.

Tips appear to be pretty proprietary fortunately they fit well.

Oct 12, 2023 at 9:58 PM Post #57,471 of 62,751
OK, so these Soundcore Liberty 4 NC are really nice and at $80CAD an insanely good deal...

Yep, but keep in mind they aren’t the same as the previous Liberty 4. Different driver (one 11 mm, new release), the original has two drivers per unit. It was called the Liberty 4 SE. Typical TWS mambo jumbo, to confuse everyone. It’s why the cheaper entry price. $99 vs $149.

Oct 12, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #57,472 of 62,751
Very true about the older Liberty 4 model which I did own. But I like this big ol dynamic driver in these more... it just bigger and bolder harkening back to the Liberty 3 Pro big and bold sound.

Listening to these in LDAP 990 and they seem solid. But I even liked them in AAC mode and look forward to trying them in LE mode if and when my phone supports that. Is LE the same as LC3? What ever it is, they tried to use it first and failed. I then had to turn on sound a calls manually and that LE stayed off.

Oct 12, 2023 at 10:57 PM Post #57,474 of 62,751
So the case of my Samsung Fold 4 which they are saying with get LC3 soon. Does that mean it will support LE along with LC3?

Oct 12, 2023 at 11:03 PM Post #57,475 of 62,751
Remember we already have had Bluetooth LE for a while (from BT 4.0 AFAIR) but this is LE Audio read this:

My Fitbit (no longer have) was LE, you paired it via that and again (optional) via BT Classic if you wanted to control your phones music/player playback via the Fitbit/watch buttons and get TXT MSG on it etc.

https://www.soundguys.com/bluetooth-le-audio-lc3-explained-28192/

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2023 at 11:23 PM Post #57,476 of 62,751
What’s your music and do you speak Japanese? I looked up the Aviot app and I’d need it translated… just curious about the music as that might impact what earphones you like - if a lot of bright female voices

can you post some pictures from the Montblanc app? I want to see what options there are for ANC and EQ respectfully. Thanks!

I listen to everything really from classical to Pop/rock, including lots of J-pop and J-rock. Bright female voices or not doesn't matter that much really, the best iems for that actually tunes DOWN the brightness to make it sound good. Japanese songs are instead known for its complexity in arrangements, so anything does good for Japanese music should do well in other genres. My test tracks must also include classical orchestral music - the only iems I can stand are those which can make every instrument sounds RIGHT (iems that can do that are way rarer than you might think TBH)

Options for ANC on the MTB03: Travel, Office, Sports mode. Plus a "live mode" which means transparency mode, and a standard mode which turns off ANC altogether. EQ is pretty standard stuff, with a few presets.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2023 at 12:21 AM Post #57,477 of 62,751
I listen to everything really from classical to Pop/rock, including lots of J-pop and J-rock. Bright female voices or not doesn't matter that much really, the best iems for that actually tunes DOWN the brightness to make it sound good. Japanese songs are instead known for its complexity in arrangements, so anything does good for Japanese music should do well in other genres. My test tracks must also include classical orchestral music - the only iems I can stand are those which can make every instrument sounds RIGHT (iems that can do that are way rarer than you might think TBH)

Options for ANC on the MTB03: Travel, Office, Sports mode. Plus a "live mode" which means transparency mode, and a standard mode which turns off ANC altogether. EQ is pretty standard stuff, with a few presets.
Thanks - music matters as I find my Sony DAP works better than my Mojo2 in some cases and I add tubes depending on my IEMs. Svanar TWS can be a little bright at times, but super with classical music as one example. Thanks for the Montblanc description. What’s the range of the EQ? Does it actually EQ the full range or is it truncated? Does it go from 20 to 20,000 or 200 to 10,000? Noble seems to be one of the few that would allow me to really fine tune

Oct 13, 2023 at 1:53 AM Post #57,478 of 62,751

They look a lot like the Earfun Air Pro 2/3 !

How would you compare them to the Jabra 10 in terms of SQ and ANC ?

Oct 13, 2023 at 4:44 AM Post #57,479 of 62,751
I got a set of the Samsung Buds FE's coming today --- i did try to buy a set of the old Buds+ a few weeks ago but they were DOA but the fit was amazing and so comfortable so looking forward to trying these. Got them for £99 from Amazon which included a Samsung Tag2 for free so not a bad deal.

Oct 13, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #57,480 of 62,751
Was listening to my buds2 pro last night to music rather than podcasts...

They still sound amazing to me with a Samsung phone and Atmos turned on. Samsung feature to do audio testing and boosting frequencies based on hearing ( 55 yards old now) so that I have better frequency response...

So far so the latest tws discussed really don't sound like they add much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back