good closed can with little noise leakage
Dec 25, 2016 at 3:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

draacor

New Head-Fier
i have been doing a lot of research including looking up posts with similar questions but hard to really get a good idea which way to go with. First a history. I currently own the HD598 ivory cans. My wife has teh ATH-M50X and I also have a pair of Shure E215 buds. I have been using the shure's primarily for watching movies on my laptop. Lately my ears have been extra sensitive and I really just hate dealing with trying to get them to fit just right in my ear so I am basically looking to replace them with an around ear can. I cant use my HD598's because they leak too much and bothers my wife. I can't use the M50x well because she uses them so I am looking for a good closed can. I have been researching the following:

DT770 80 or 32ohm
ATH M50x - I even thought about buying another pair just for me but kind of feel like i want something different?
ATH MSR7 - figured id try the next step up? Just not sure if they are worth the cost

Yesterday I bought the Bose Soundlink II to give them a shot and wow they are terrible. Muffled sound and definitely not worth the 250 dollar price tag. However, the wireless functionality was quite nice but its not completely necessary since I am basically in bed watching tv and movies on my laptop. I doubt I would find a pair of blue tooth headphones under 250 that sound good to me. 

So to sum it up I am looking for a set of cans to replace my Shure E215 buds. Something with the least amount of leakage. I dont care about isolation as much as leakage. Looking for something under 250. Also because i watch tv and movies im more concerned with clear dialogue than bass really. Bass is nice and i want it to be there but not overpowering. I tried those sony extra bass headphones and wow so much bass and nothing else. Also i do not want to add any hardware like an amp at this time. Maybe down the road but truthfully laying in bed with a laptop and then an amp and bulky headphones sounds like a pain.

Any help would be very appreciated!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back