Good closed headphones in the $50-$70 range?
Sep 21, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #2 of 5
i'm quite interested in the new Denon line. AH-D510's are $90 or so and the AH-D310's are going for $49. I did like the AH-301's sound, but the double headband arrangement was a total nightmare.

As for the AKG K518, i'm on my 4th pair. I keep on buying a pair and giving them away to some poor Skullcandy owner. The bass is like the Bose headphones. It's intense and it's good when you're in the mood, and a tad overbearing when your not. I'd still reccomend the K518's, but i can only take them for 30 mins at a time before i need a break.

Sep 21, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #3 of 5
Let me to suggest the Sony MDR 570, I bought them mainly because I wanted some type of noise isolation when I am on campus without having that noise canceling thing. I love my KSC 75 which are by the way open, so I was kind of reluctant to buy this ones, because I thought they couldn't compete with the sound on the Koss. Any way this review http://www.headfonia.com/sony-mdr-570lp/ changed my mind and I am quite happy I bought them. Honestly there is no comparison in the sound with high end cans, but for 50, they are quite quite good. They have a nice warm laid back sound which I just happen to love. 
Any way just my 2 cents.

Sep 21, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #5 of 5
i really liked my denon d1000s, headroom had them for 100$ recently, a bit of a stretch, but they sound real good. big bang for the buck- i had a pair that were recabled (mogami) also had full mark mod- they gave my esw9s a run for there money and cost about 175$ less. check the for sale forums, probably pick up a pair pretty cheap, i sold mine for a 100$

Users who are viewing this thread

Back