Good Headphones under 200$ for Rap and Movies
Jan 10, 2016 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

LFG530

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I use to come here often and I already some good heaphones (Ultrasone pro 900, HD 650, T50rp) and a decent DAC/AMP at home. 

I did not keep up with all the new stuff that came out and I'm now looking for a pair of cans for my "second" home where I don't have an amp for now (I'll move all my stuff in a couple of months so I don't want to buy a second amp just for that). 

I won't bring my HD 650 because they really need an amp or my pro 900 because they also do and they are not comfy for long listening sessions (I don't have speakers in my "second home so I tend to wear headphones a lot (I have really cheap ones right now)). 

So what I need is: 

-Decent bass impact and good mids, since I don't have a great setup there for now, it's mostly for movies and rap.   
-Comfort (ideally they would be light) for long sessions
-Under 200$ (they can be used)
- They have to perform "wekk" whitout an amp (but it's fine by me if they get a lot better with one)
- Closed cans (I'm living with other people there, I need the cans to be silent and provide decent isolation)

What I considered for now (as I said, I'm not up to date with new gear): XB-700 (they are now hard to find it seems), M50's (Not sure about the comfort par tough), Beyers 770/880...

What are your thoughts/what's your advice? 

I know that there are other posts similar to mine, but I didn't not really find something that answered to all my prayers... 

Thank you,
LFG

Jan 11, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #2 of 2
  Hi,

I use to come here often and I already some good heaphones (Ultrasone pro 900, HD 650, T50rp) and a decent DAC/AMP at home. 

I did not keep up with all the new stuff that came out and I'm now looking for a pair of cans for my "second" home where I don't have an amp for now (I'll move all my stuff in a couple of months so I don't want to buy a second amp just for that). 

I won't bring my HD 650 because they really need an amp or my pro 900 because they also do and they are not comfy for long listening sessions (I don't have speakers in my "second home so I tend to wear headphones a lot (I have really cheap ones right now)). 

So what I need is: 

-Decent bass impact and good mids, since I don't have a great setup there for now, it's mostly for movies and rap.   
-Comfort (ideally they would be light) for long sessions
-Under 200$ (they can be used)
- They have to perform "wekk" whitout an amp (but it's fine by me if they get a lot better with one)
- Closed cans (I'm living with other people there, I need the cans to be silent and provide decent isolation)

What I considered for now (as I said, I'm not up to date with new gear): XB-700 (they are now hard to find it seems), M50's (Not sure about the comfort par tough), Beyers 770/880...

What are your thoughts/what's your advice? 

I know that there are other posts similar to mine, but I didn't not really find something that answered to all my prayers... 

Thank you,
LFG

Should be in the "introductions, help[ and recommendations" thread but its all gravy.

Maybe check out the Sony MDR-7506; I really enjoyed those when I had them. Also Shure SRH-840

Users who are viewing this thread

Back