Good looking n good sounding headphones a myth?
Apr 3, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #31 of 36

Quote:
I like fashion and dressing well. And I like goooooood sound too. I find pro headphones all perfect sounding but kinda ugly looking. I also like how fashion headphones look but not how they sound. When will someone merge the two? Or has it been done already?

Ever heard of something called the Ultrasone Edition 8? And as far as "pro headphones" go, what's wrong with the K702's looks?

Aesthetics are even more relative than sound characteristics. Personally what hasn't been done yet is an aesthetically "fashionable," compact, affordable headphone with great sound without needing too much current or voltage. The Ed 8 fails on the price category; T5P is too large for wearing outside. Custom IEMs, on the other hand...

Aug 7, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #33 of 36
Sony MDR-SAx000 series anyone? I'm thinking about getting SA3000 for the "hipster" look to beat all the Beats out there.

Pharrell wears the Qualia 010, which is similar:

But not similar-sounding.

Mar 3, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #34 of 36
What about the upcoming Audeze Sine? Most stuff Audeze makes is really high quality (please don't bring up the closed-back EL-8) and the Sine look pretty cool and fashionable, if that's what you're driving for. If portability is your thing, they also come with a special "DAC-infused" cable for iPhone.

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #36 of 36
Nearly 5 years too late for this thread, but as it's been bumped, I absolutely love my rare vintage Pioneer SE-L40:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back