Good portable headphones for $25? ATH-M20?
Sep 14, 2011 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pclov3r

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for some good portable headphones for $25

I need a pair for school use with a education program as my school is not providing them and for use with my phone for portable music.

I was suggested a M50 awhile ago for a new pair of good headphone and still love them so I thought I'd come back here and ask.

What do you think of the ATH-M20? I know they will not sound anywhere near a ATH-M50 but what do you think of them?

EDIT:

I was also looking at the ATH-M2X which seems to be a bit better for portable use.

Sep 14, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #2 of 4
I think for sub $30 headphones you should hit above your budget a little and get some Koss PortaPros . Great quality according to head-fiers here and even nicer to your wallet, on top of that there has been many here who have used it once(not myself).

Sep 14, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 4
If you don't need isolation, the Koss KSC-75 sound like heaven! These are the absolute biggest bang for buck. I paid $50 (but that's just how things are in Australia!) bit in the US, they are often ~$20!!! These sound totally amazing. The bass does not overpower but has plenty of controlled/textured and deep bass. Mids and highs are extremely well balanced and overall, it's very airy with very decent soundstage.

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #4 of 4
Since I needed a paid of headphones soon I just went ahead and bought a ATH-M3X

I guess I could try and review them but I don't know how to review and tell if meds are recessed or the sound-stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back