Good time of day. HIFIMAN HE400SE clutch or clicking sound.
Jul 26, 2023 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Gibiscus

New Head-Fier
My second post is here, so I apologize in advance for moderation if I created a post in the wrong place.
My hifiman he400se headphones emit a clicking sound, although rather rattling at a certain volume level installed on my dac or in the windows mixer. In certain compositions. This did not happen before, but after one time when I set the volume above -10 db (low gain) on my dx3 pro+ topping, the situation changed... He began to make a rattling sound, and not at such a high volume anymore. At the same time, the sound quality was not lost.
Could it be due to the peculiarities of the planar headphones or did I overload them? Maybe it's the drain wire?

I recorded the sound of rattling on the example of a track "Go Back Now" by Jerro (extended) at 4:40
(((I APOLOGIZE for the fact that the sound comes only from the left ear, this is the feature of recording my phone... Nevertheless, the problem is audible.)))
At first, you may notice a normal sound at a volume of -15 db. Then I turned up the volume to -10 db and the nightmare started... All this, let me remind you, is in low gain mode. Is it really so easy to overload planars as it turned out, or is it a mechanical defect? Visually, the drivers look fine.
If someone doesn't want or can't download the file, I also uploaded it to the first audio sharing site I came across: http://sndup.net/rs3r

Attachments

• soundtest.zip
    782.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back