Got my ath-es7's today
Oct 28, 2009 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

oakleyguy89

100+ Head-Fier
They look awesome! They seem to fit my head nicely without much pressure. They encompass most of my ears too. On another note... They dont look awesome on my head
confused_face.gif
The headband sits on the top of my head and then it kinda mushrooms out I guess you can say. anyone know how to fix this or better it? Right now its sitting on the burninwave generator on pink noise.

Oct 28, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #2 of 16
there's a mod somewhere that involves bending out the headband... i'm happy with the way mine fit so i haven't bothered to try it.

they're a really fun can, definitely a bargain... congrats.

Oct 28, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #4 of 16
Awesome, for some reason when I read the ath-es7 thread that the headband mod only made it more comfortable. Didnt know it would make it look better
biggrin.gif
Thanks!

Oct 28, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #5 of 16
quick question, when I have the headband all the way down and click it up once and try to bend it, it is really sturdy and wont really bend.

Oct 28, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #6 of 16
I adjusted them. Umm, could my es7's be fake?!? They came with a greyish color cloth bag with the audio technica tag on the side and has a microfiber cloth thats the same color, they have the brushed aluminum ring, the stress reliefs are smooth and not ridgid. The only thing that makes me think they are fake is that I dont see the recycle logo or that one screw. It came in a box thats white with silver writing and has a paper with warranty information.

EDIT:It has that one screw but not the recycle sign on it.

Oct 28, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by oakleyguy89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

EDIT:It has that one screw but not the recycle sign on it.

From your description, I wouldn't worry, looks like you have the real one. It has been determined that not all "editions" seem to have the recycle logo (depends for which market they were made, methinks). :

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/a...-fakes-417148/

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #11 of 16
I didn't put a lot of burn-in time on them (approx 20hrs.) but even with that short time I think they did improve. I think ive seen people saying around 100 hrs.

Oct 29, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #12 of 16
Hmm, I played some music from my aspire one with my es7's and Ive noticed that my laptop can drive them much easier than my 1st gen 30gig zune. Normal listening volume on the laptop is 3 out of 16 (Havent went past 3). Whereas my zune has to be at about 12 out of 20 and eq'ed to match the same output of the laptops. When I tried my IEMs with my aspire one they sounded not so good, but the aspire one drives the es7's very well why is that?

Oct 29, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #13 of 16
I couldn't say for sure. I did notice that with my 2nd gen zune(80gig) with iBasso T4 I listen to them at about 9-12 out of 20 but on my computer with the T4 I listen to them with the volume at 3-4 out of 25.

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #14 of 16
Yeah I find it alittle odd. So do you have a screen protector on your es7's? I heard that Best skins ever do a really good job at protecting them, however I went to the cell phone shop in the mall and they had 3M screen protector. They said its guaranteed not to bubble, peel, scratch or discolor. They have a plotter that can cut out the circles but they wanted $15 for it!

Oct 29, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #15 of 16
wow $15..im sure if anything u can get a screen protector and trace the circles for the es7 and then cut out the screen protector from the circles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back