Grado 325i vs Alessandro MS2
Sep 23, 2007 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

cardude

500+ Head-Fier
Driving in the mountains, listening to music!
I would appreciate your feedback on these two sets of cans. I am having a hard time making a decision between them.

I listen mostly to rock music such as Rush, Kansas, Queen, Todd Rundgren/Utopia, Pink Floyd, 10cc, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Frank Zappa….and the lighter stuff like Steely Dan, Alan Parsons, Supertramp, ELO….with some blues thrown in like Allman Bros, Johnny Winter, the old J. Geils Band, Climax Blues Band, BB King….you get the idea.

Please help me make a decision. I am not able to listen to either of these as no one carries them in my are. Thank you in advance.

Sep 23, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #2 of 29
FWIW, I really loved the 325's when I auditioned them, awesome bass extension & clarity. I have not auditioned the MS2's.

Sep 23, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #3 of 29
The MS2i's are supposed to be more neutral than the 325i but I haven't tried either so I really can't help you.

Sep 23, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #4 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by cardude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would appreciate your feedback on these two sets of cans. I am having a hard time making a decision between them.

I listen mostly to rock music such as Rush, Kansas, Queen, Todd Rundgren/Utopia, Pink Floyd, 10cc, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Frank Zappa….and the lighter stuff like Steely Dan, Alan Parsons, Supertramp, ELO….with some blues thrown in like Allman Bros, Johnny Winter, the old J. Geils Band, Climax Blues Band, BB King….you get the idea.

Please help me make a decision. I am not able to listen to either of these as no one carries them in my are. Thank you in advance.

SR325i.

Sep 24, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #6 of 29
The 325's bring the music forward. The MS-2's are laid back. Both are great cans.

Sep 24, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #9 of 29
If sibilance is an issue with you then I wouldn't go for the 325i. I own the MS2i and its sound sig is very close to that of KSC75's, albeit the MS2i a bit more refined and less comfortable to wear.

Sep 24, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by cardude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the quick responses. It looks like the Grados have more votes. Any MS2 owners out there that can offer their opinions?

Thanks.

I'm an admitted "Super-Fan" of the MS2i and I feel that they do a great job with your choices of music. But unfortunately I've not heard the SR-325i so can't offer much about the differences.
frown.gif

You could spend a few minutes and review a few threads on both and maybe get a better idea of the differences.

I've just about worn out the search function at the top right of this forum, but it is a lot of fun!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 24, 2007 at 12:49 PM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If sibilance is an issue with you then I wouldn't go for the 325i. I own the MS2i and its sound sig is very close to that of KSC75's, albeit the MS2i a bit more refined and less comfortable to wear.

I feel that ms2s with flats sounds like an upgraded px100.

Sep 24, 2007 at 1:18 PM Post #12 of 29
i've tried MS2i and feel like the high is too much for me, better step up to woodies man
biggrin.gif

Sep 24, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #13 of 29
Both the MS2i & the Grado 325i, would be well suited for your purposes. At this point you need to make an effort to hear both for yourself to decide which you prefer, rather than just letting the "fans" of either try and persuade you. Try going to a local meet in your area, or buy both and return the one that is your least favorite.

- augustwest

Sep 24, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #14 of 29
Personally I prefer the MS2i. I find the MS2i to have a fuller sound, and to be less harsh in the highs, although MS2i is still a very bright can.

At the last Toronto meet 5 people compared the two, and all 5 preferred the MS2i, including the owner of the 325i who said he wished he had gone with the MS2i instead.

Of course, as augustwest pointed out, the best is really to hear both for yourself. Unfortunately, this can be a bit tricky with the MS2i not being sold in stores, but I think it's worthwhile.

Sep 25, 2007 at 6:48 AM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henmyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel that ms2s with flats sounds like an upgraded px100.

Hmm, don't have flats. Although I do own the px100 and we'll see about that. I'm a little surprised to hear this though, since the px100 is very warm in my opinion. But if I wanted to hear an upgraded px100 I'd just put on my HD650.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back