Grado Fan Club!
Aug 6, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #17,611 of 65,818
Hey, if anyone is selling, or knows anyone selling a pair of good condition Grado G-Cush, could you please PM me, looking for a replacement pair :)

Aug 6, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #17,612 of 65,818
Aug 6, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #17,613 of 65,818

Congrats, Joseph!

Thank you whirlwind!
beerchug.gif

Aug 6, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #17,614 of 65,818
As promised....my little Pink Floyd trip is over  
tongue.gif

Aug 6, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #17,615 of 65,818
  Hey, if anyone is selling, or knows anyone selling a pair of good condition Grado G-Cush, could you please PM me, looking for a replacement pair :)

i've got a great, brand spanking new pair of g-cushes, but unfortunately they are attached to a brain new pair of gs1000e's (sorry, i couldn't resist the opportunity at a wisecrack)

Aug 6, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #17,616 of 65,818

i've got a great, brand spanking new pair of g-cushes, but unfortunately they are attached to a brain new pair of gs1000e's (sorry, i couldn't resist the opportunity at a wisecrack)

biggrin.gif

Someone must be feeling much better.....lol

L[M]S...check moon audio...they have the real deal

amazon if you would prefer knock offs by zonk

Now back to Pink Floyd's Delicate Sound Of Thunder  
cool.gif

Aug 6, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #17,617 of 65,818
Thanks you.
I owned them already, but liked my RS1i bait more…but after selling them I missed them so...

Thanks!
 Round 2

Thank you.

Thank you!
Thank you.
I had the GS1K's, but the recessed miss just weren't for me…otherwise they sounded great!

Thank you Jay!
I'll let you know when, lol!!!
I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep them this time!

Thanks!
I really couldn't resist the deal!
Everybody is rooting for you joe69. Play those phones to death and then send them to me so I can tell you that they obviously suck and I should just keep'm.

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #17,618 of 65,818
No no joseph, too much snow in Minnesota, don't send to bpcans. They'll get frostbite and the drivers will freeze.
very_evil_smiley.gif

send them to me, in Nirvana, nice and balmy. I will then clone them and sell them to fund my early retirement!
ksc75smile.gif

On deck tonite:

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #17,619 of 65,818
Folks, I need you. Advice. Big time. So please help.

I am considering getting a MAD Ear+ amp for my Grados. Currently using WA6. The sticking issue is this. I would move my WA6 into the den, paired with a Marantz CD38, with TUBED OUTPUT.  Is this too much warmth? Tube amp + tube CDP? Rught now, I have the CD38 paired with a Burson Soloist (SS), and it sounds pretty analog already.

So -- Tubed CDP + tubed headamp =  ?   too tubey or great improvement, for Grados?

Cheers,

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #17,620 of 65,818

I am considering getting a MAD Ear+ amp for my Grados. Currently using WA6. The sticking issue is this. I would move my WA6 into the den, paired with a Marantz CD38, with TUBED OUTPUT.  Is this too much warmth? Tube amp + tube CDP? Rught now, I have the CD38 paired with a Burson Soloist (SS), and it sounds pretty analog already.

So -- Tubed CDP + tubed headamp =  ?   too tubey or great improvement, for Grados?

Cheers,

No such thing as too tuby :). The WA6 is not very tuby to begin with. You should be fine.

Aug 6, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #17,621 of 65,818
Everybody is rooting for you joe69. Play those phones to death and then send them to me so I can tell you that they obviously suck and I should just keep'm.

No no joseph, too much snow in Minnesota, don't send to bpcans. They'll get frostbite and the drivers will freeze.
very_evil_smiley.gif

send them to me, in Nirvana, nice and balmy. I will then clone them and sell them to fund my early retirement!
ksc75smile.gif

On deck tonite:

You guys nave to fight this one out with jaywillin…he asked first. 
wink.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #17,622 of 65,818
Ran my grados through a Fischer 500c 

Cheers,

Ran my Grados through a Fisher 500c with a Jolida Glass FX II....

...there's no such thing as too many tubes.
smile_phones.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #17,623 of 65,818

...there's no such thing as too many tubes.
smile_phones.gif

Yes there is.
evil_smiley.gif
I've heard an all-tube system where the sound was too thick (for my tastes), dynamics were a tad sluggish, not enough of the fast slam of Solid State.  Not common, I admit.
Thanks for the tip.

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #17,624 of 65,818

You guys nave to fight this one out with jaywillin…he asked first. 
wink.gif

i'm too old and fat to be a scrappin' !! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back