Grado Fan Club!
Feb 25, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #30,901 of 65,799
  Hi, I have sr225e and are very pleased with them would give me some advice to increase the quality of these magnificent headphones?
Bearing the G-Cush-cush, mod tape that you recommend?
thank you.

Buy some good amp, DAC like the O2+ODAC or Aune T1. You can try modding, but even that does not guarantee an increase in quality.

Feb 25, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #30,903 of 65,799

Buy some good amp, DAC like the O2+ODAC or Aune T1. You can try modding, but even that does not guarantee an increase in quality.

Fear of beautiful sennheiser veil this quote, I also Sennheiser and is veiled is true.

Like Yoda you sound, Google Translate you must use 
biggrin.gif

Kidding I am, offense you must not take. 
smile.gif

Feb 25, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #30,905 of 65,799
  My vote is for the RS2e. I have had both and I enjoyed the RS2e more, if I had the money I'd own one again right now...unfortunately I have too many interests and not nearly enough money.

i thought i was the only one

Feb 25, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #30,906 of 65,799

the RS2 buttoned were my first, and i did not regret it. (moved up to others eventually, but they're worth their money for sure)

i picked up a buttoned rs2 recently, and i'm listening to it right now, love it

Feb 25, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #30,907 of 65,799
  i picked up a buttoned rs2 recently, and i'm listening to it right now, love it

do you have the RA-1, and/or the RS1 (buttoned) as well?

could you do a small comparison?

Feb 25, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #30,908 of 65,799

do you have the RA-1, and/or the RS1 (buttoned) as well?

could you do a small comparison?

no, i've never had a ra-1, and the the rs1 have had/heard is the "i"  and that was quite a while ago, so it would be difficult for me to 
compare the two. sorry, i'm not much help ! lol

Feb 25, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #30,909 of 65,799

Like Yoda you sound, Google Translate you must use 
biggrin.gif

Kidding I am, offense you must not take. 
smile.gif

My arse off, I'm laughing!

Hurt like hell, my sides do.

Pee my pants, I just did!
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #30,910 of 65,799

My arse off, I'm laughing!

Hurt like hell, my sides do.

Pee my pants, I just did!
biggrin.gif

I do not Sennheiser.  Never Sennheiser.  

Feb 26, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #30,911 of 65,799
Well, one more query for you Grado Club.  How fair the PS500e in comparison to the GH1, both with G-Cush?  My personal look is for an airy, mid-centric, and detailed, quality highs, but without any sibliance / sharpness, and as for bass--not -huge- with bass, honestly, but I do like quality over quantity.  Pretty much clarity and transparency.  But a headphone that sounds good with the G-Cush, as on-ears and I have never really been friends.

I'm currently in possession of both models. The ps500e has a bit more recessed mids than the gh-1, but their overall sounds are pretty close. They are both awesome headphones, but I'd give the gh-1 a slight edge because the mids are more present and they are lighter. I do really like the look and feel of the ps500 though; the gh-1's don't look/feel like they cost as much as they do.

Feb 26, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #30,912 of 65,799
I'm currently in possession of both models. The ps500e has a bit more recessed mids than the gh-1, but their overall sounds are pretty close. They are both awesome headphones, but I'd give the gh-1 a slight edge because the mids are more present and they are lighter. I do really like the look and feel of the ps500 though; the gh-1's don't look/feel like they cost as much as they do.

The wooden Grados feel very light, and wait until they grow old, they're gonna look, well, like old ladies. My apologies to all old ladies.

Of @SurvivorNVL's descriptions, I think it's exactly what I'd say about the RS1i. If you can't stand on-ears, consider buying the MS Pro i-series and do the distancer mod, which is dirt cheap and easy. That said, the sound is not the same as the pure RS1i.

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #30,913 of 65,799
It's been awhile friends, but I'm back. We had a baby girl 8m ago and we are super focused and busy taking care of our new addition. I thought my Grado RS1-i's were broken in, but they sound better then ever. I almost got caught up in the headfi equipment chase, but luckily my responsibilities took precedent. MacBook > Peacthtree DAC ITx - WOO Audio WA6 > RS1i is sounding sublime and as beautiful as ever. 

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #30,914 of 65,799
  It's been awhile friends, but I'm back. We had a baby girl 8m ago and we are super focused and busy taking care of our new addition. I thought my Grado RS1-i's were broken in, but they sound better then ever. I almost got caught up in the headfi equipment chase, but luckily my responsibilities took precedent. MacBook > Peacthtree DAC ITx - WOO Audio WA6 > RS1i is sounding sublime and as beautiful as ever. 

Great to hear from you again…glad to hear everything is going well and good to have you back!
beerchug.gif

Feb 26, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #30,915 of 65,799
hey guys,

so i stupidly sold my grado 325i's to try something else.  im pretty sure at this point im going to sell the new ones and go back to a grado.  my question to you fine people is which one should i get?  i liked my 325, but it was harsh and bright and fatiguing.  i was thinking i could try an e series which supposedly neutered the harshness, OR i could try an rs2 or a ps5000 something which ive never tried, and would be a bit of a gamble coming off the 325.  both of which are in the ballpark for the amount i could probably sell the new cans for to fund them, so itd be essentially a wash.

so as someone who liked the 325, would you -

try the 325e, pocket the extra cash
try the rs2/ps5000 gamble on a "higher" end grado with no cash output

my goal is a smoother can, less harsh, and maybe a "bit" more low end punch.  if i can get that in the other ones, id be good, but i dont want to get too far from what i liked about the 325 either.  what do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back