Grado Fan Club!
Apr 2, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #41,101 of 65,818
Woah -- was anyone else getting the 502 Bad Gateway, or 504 Timeout error earlier? For me, I could get to the entire rest of the site but not this one!

Apr 3, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #41,102 of 65,818
Woah -- was anyone else getting the 502 Bad Gateway, or 504 Timeout error earlier? For me, I could get to the entire rest of the site but not this one!
i jut got similar experience.sometimes it load, sometimes it doesn't

Apr 3, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #41,103 of 65,818
Damn USPS is still droppin' the ball on my new 'phones. Between about 9pm last night and up until about an hour ago, the tracking page said "Estimated delivery: Thursday April 2 before 8PM." Well now it just says "in transit to next facility" with no estimated date :frowning2: The poor seller even paid for 2 day express shipping!

I hope they didn't lose them or damage them. I feel like a kid waiting for summer break, but has to make up a week's worth of snow days.

Apr 3, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #41,104 of 65,818
Damn USPS is still droppin' the ball on my new 'phones. Between about 9pm last night and up until about an hour ago, the tracking page said "Estimated delivery: Thursday April 2 before 8PM." Well now it just says "in transit to next facility" with no estimated date :frowning2: The poor seller even paid for 2 day express shipping!

I hope they didn't lose them or damage them. I feel like a kid waiting for summer break, but has to make up a week's worth of snow days.

I hear you! My Sundara's were due today. They arrived in my city today, but won't be delivered until Monday.:frowning2:

Apr 3, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #41,105 of 65,818
I hear you! My Sundara's were due today. They arrived in my city today, but won't be delivered until Monday.:frowning2:
So guys - you just have to be happy with the excellent gear, you already have - for a little longer:) These are tough times indeed...

Apr 3, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #41,106 of 65,818
So guys - you just have to be happy with the excellent gear, you already have - for a little longer:) These are tough times indeed...

Oh, I know I am lucky! It has taken several years and several thousand dollars, but I have an AWESOME collection with lots of variety. In fact I am currently trying to shed gear.

Apr 3, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #41,107 of 65,818

I think all couriers (at least in the US) are re-prioritizing their deliveries to accommodate for the sudden increase in demand for urgent items.

Apr 3, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #41,108 of 65,818
I think all couriers (at least in the US) are re-prioritizing their deliveries to accommodate for the sudden increase in demand for urgent items.

And how are new headphones not urgent again? (/s just in case that was missed...)

Apr 3, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #41,109 of 65,818

Shipping in Eastern Canada has been working really well. However the west coast, as you would expect, has been a mess.

With Amazon, they are definitely prioritizing.

Apr 4, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #41,110 of 65,818
sure, such as sex toys :D

Apr 4, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #41,111 of 65,818
Wow, my GH2s are absolutely dwarfed by Audeze nuts lmao.

LCD2c_Closed&GH2.jpg

Just literally put them on 15 minutes ago and haven't been able to do much analytical listening. First things to jump out:

• The tuning is much more similar to the GH2s than I expected!
  • These have that closed back resonance I'd grown used to not hearing. Still sounds like moving a portable bluetooth speaker from sitting on a desk to placing it inside a tub (maybe not THAT drastic, but you get the gist)
  • Isolation is pretty great.
  • They're heavy as schitt!
So far, I gotta admit I still prefer the GH2s but I still need to let my brain burn in. (And yes I need to get out my Sharpie Paint pen for the grills on the GH2s.)

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #41,112 of 65,818
Wow, my GH2s are absolutely dwarfed by Audeze nuts lmao.

LCD2c_Closed&GH2.jpg

Just literally put them of 15 minutes ago and haven't been able to do much analytical listening. First things to jump out:

• The tuning is much more similar than I expected!
  • These have that closed back resonance I'd grown not to hearing. Still sounds like moving a portable bluetooth speaker from sitting on a desk to placing it inside a tub (maybe not THAT drastic, but you get the gist)
  • Isolation is pretty great!
  • They're heavy as crap!
So far, I gotta admit I still prefer the GH2s but I still need to let my brain burn in! (And yes I need to get out my Sharpie Paint pen for the grills on the GH2s.)

Wow, those are some FAT pads!

Apr 4, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #41,113 of 65,818
Wow, those are some FAT pads!

Indeed they are haha! I literally just sat down and put them back on. Been a full day of family time. Perfect 75* F sunny weather, lots of walks (not many neighbors around), playing cornhole and stuff in the backyard, etc.

Apr 4, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #41,114 of 65,818
Indeed they are haha! I literally just sat down and put them back on. Been a full day of family time. Perfect 75* F sunny weather, lots of walks (not many neighbors around), playing cornhole and stuff in the backyard, etc.

75 degrees...it feels like it's been years since I felt that kind of heat.:slight_frown:

Apr 4, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #41,115 of 65,818
Found a new favorite song for the LCDs that I can finally say differentiate the pair enough to justify having two different styles :)

The sound-stage is bigger on these than my trusty GH2s, and even though there isn't MORE bass, it definitely extends much further down. This is the first song I've listened to so far that made me unconsciously smile with them.

Another bonus is that since they're so power hungry, my Asgard 2 runs cooler when I have to crank the volume up to 90% and it's not wasting all that bias current through the FETs :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back