Grado headphone choice....
May 15, 2018 at 4:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

chrispyduck1

New Head-Fier
I currently own Grado 80e and 325e's and obviously love the Grado 'sound' and have thought about upgrading to get greater transparency and detail but after recent disappointment auditioning the rs2e's, preferring the 325e's I dont know where to look next? Or should I just stick with what I have? Are the rs1e similar to the rs2e? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #3 of 6
I currently own Grado 80e and 325e's and obviously love the Grado 'sound' and have thought about upgrading to get greater transparency and detail but after recent disappointment auditioning the rs2e's, preferring the 325e's I dont know where to look next? Or should I just stick with what I have? Are the rs1e similar to the rs2e? Any advice greatly appreciated.

If you like the SR325 then look into the PS500.

May 16, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #5 of 6
If you have a good strong amp I highly recommend the AKG K240 sextett. Does everything that Grados do,but better.

May 18, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #6 of 6
I demo'd the rs2e in a store near me and was reassured they were fully burnt in, I took along my 325e's for comparison but found them better in every area, especially dynamics. I was disappointed as I had read so many good reviews on them.
The 80's I bought mainly for portable use, as they just make music from my cheap phone sound so good, for little money they are just so musical, now thats the thing I was hoping for from the rs2e's but with loads more of everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back