Grado HP-2 issue
Dec 20, 2010 at 11:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

interman

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I've got a pair of Grado HP-2's that I'm very happy with, except for one issue. The left part is more or less worn out, so when I try to screw in the rod it just won't hold. So far I've only tried some pretty basic glue, but it didn't hold that well because there's so little metal in contact. I suppose I can try two component glue, and possibly drilling the hole larger. I have no experience rethreading anything though.

Any other ideas?

PS: whenever I mention the HP-2s I get private messages asking me if I'm willing to sell them, and no, sorry, they're staying
wink_face.gif

Dec 21, 2010 at 7:08 AM Post #4 of 5
Have you tried metal glue (loctite or alike) already? That stuff is used to fixate screws and nuts, I had quite some success with similar worn stuff of my MS Pro. But proper degreasing before glueing is very important!

Dec 21, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I mailed Grado and got Joe's email. Sent him a mail and I'm now waiting for his reply. I should hopefully be able to unscrew and replace the ring that goes around the can, which is where the threads are. If that fails I'll try something like Loctite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back