Grado SR325X or RS1X
Dec 23, 2022 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Robherb

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

I am seeking advice from members regarding my planned next headphone purchase. I am considering the Grado SR325X and the RS1X.

I am a fan of the open Grado sound, having owned a pair of original SR80s for over 20 years.

I listen to most music now through Tidal Masters via an Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt DAC/headphone amp, and I am wondering whether the RS1X might be a step too far for the Dragonfly.

Any thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Rob (UK)

Dec 24, 2022 at 6:57 AM Post #3 of 12
Hey there! In my opinion both are great headphones and fortunately (unfortunately) both will work fine with the setup you describe. I think you'll get the biggest bang for your upgrade $$ would be to purchased the 325x. This will be a huge upgrade from SR80s. Once you get to the 325x level, I believe that the improvement found with the RS1x, while noticeable, is not a huge difference like you'll find with the SR80 to 325x. My advice is to save some $$. YMMV of course!! Good luck.

Leo

Dec 24, 2022 at 7:44 AM Post #6 of 12
Hey there! In my opinion both are great headphones and fortunately (unfortunately) both will work fine with the setup you describe. I think you'll get the biggest bang for your upgrade $$ would be to purchased the 325x. This will be a huge upgrade from SR80s. Once you get to the 325x level, I believe that the improvement found with the RS1x, while noticeable, is not a huge difference like you'll find with the SR80 to 325x. My advice is to save some $$. YMMV of course!! Good luck.

Leo
Thank you very much for your detailed reply.
Given the 2 opinions offered so far, I think the 325s are a sensible option.
Thanks again,
Rob

Dec 24, 2022 at 8:05 AM Post #7 of 12
Buy a 325 and never look back. I own 2 :)

Jan 14, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #10 of 12
The 325's and 80's get a lot of love in the Grado Fan Club thread. I just went from the 225x's to the RS2x's and I'm glad that I did. The Hemp's weren't suggested but they have a lot of fans too. That depends on your budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back