Grados SR60
Feb 21, 2009 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

hortoholic

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, after a lot of time to think, I became interested in the "Grados SR60" I listen to mostly Trance / Dance / Electronic ( Has a lot of synth.)and Rock as well as instrumental music and I believe this is a good choice for me. What do you think? also, will the SR60's (or Sennheisers?) fit into a computer audio jack or do I need an adapter? Pardon me if this sounds like a dumb question..

thank you for your responses,

hortoholic

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 15
The Grados are a bit base light, but do suit rock quite well. Bear in mind that they are open headphones, and you will need to listen in a quiet place to get the most out of them.
Also they fit into a standard 3.5mm (1/8") jack, but you can also get them with an adaptor for a 1/4" jack if you need it.

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #5 of 15
You really can't go wrong with them. Mine are great comfortable and I think they have very accurate bass.

There's really nothing better for the price. I think you would have to go to something like the ATH-AD700's for over a hundred.

Feb 21, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #6 of 15
The SR60s are great, and should work for what you want. However, what is your upper price range? There may be some alternatives depending on price and what other uses or music preferences you have.

Feb 25, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by hortoholic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My max price is about 90 dollars. I am a college student so I do not have much money. Would I be able to hear the FLAC / WAV files better?

IMO, no. You'll just hear better sound quality overall.

Feb 25, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by hortoholic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SR80's? I can afford since there is a sale. Is it worth it?

For the old "SR60 vs. SR80" debate, it's probably best to use the Search function for that. IMO the Grados don't sound amazing until you touch the SR225.

And for the record, it's "bass," not "base" (to whom it may concern).

Feb 25, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #12 of 15
Just make sure you get em with a return policy. If you don't like em, can return them. If you do like them, more power to you.

Enjoy.

Feb 25, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #14 of 15
I LOVE my SR80's with my iPod and ALAC files...awesome! I listen to all kinds of music. I am playing some Prodigy Fat of the Land right now and it is stellar! Loads of bass, synth detail etc...awesome! My head is spinning from the brutal reality...heehehee

Feb 25, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #15 of 15
I would also consider alessandro ms1 for $95. They are modiefied grados (possbily the sr125) but also comes with the comfies pads of the sr60. The Sr80 includes bowl pads, which are great, but not as comfortable for most people.

Also you will need some good quality mp3 or flac/wav to really bring out the sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back