GroveDock - Cut Vinyl iPhone Stand
Aug 14, 2012 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Gibsonorbust

New Head-Fier
Hi Head-Fi, I am a longtime lurker and have recently been working on an iPhone dock.

I call it GrooveDock, an iPhone stand made of 66 unique pieces of cut vinyl records. It features a sculpted acoustic horn which boosts sound 7 db (@ 1 kHz). 

My friend and co-designer Charles and I plan to launch this is a full product soon but I wanted to give Head-Fi a sneak peek at it. She is a beauty, take a look!

GrooveDock, in its natural habitat, the local record store :)

No batteries or additional powered required. GrooveDock is fully acoustic and passive.

Something wicked this way comes...

This photo might break hearts but the records were on their way to the landfill and were largely unplayable.

Ready for it's close up.

The reason I submitted this in computer audio: can you spot the male USB tale?

There will be more info soon. Until then, we would love feedback Head-Fi! 

Cheers,

Sam

Aug 15, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #2 of 3
I feel like this is an ivory statue... though only harvested off elephants that are already dead.

Very attractive stand, and I'm interested in seeing what speaker (possibly) you add. If the price is right, I'd be interested in picking one up.

Aug 15, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #3 of 3
Hey tjzin, thanks for the feedback!

Initially, we want to focus on making a fully analog stand. Dare I say its kinda meta. 

Here is a short showing the dock in use:

This is our first audio project. I'm usually pretty picky about my sound but I find myself using it all around the house. Its just so simple. No setup or charging. But hey, Im obviously fairly bias haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back