Here's my baby...

gibson1.jpg
gibson2.jpg

Gibson SJ-200 Elite Custom Quilt

See ya
Steve

Nice! is that a three piece neck?

Sep 11, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #17 of 833
Been a while since an update, so here's a double hitter this week, got these in the house back to back on Tues and Wed -

2008 Rick Kelly Bowery Tele (Pine! '63 Gibson Firebird Pickup!)

pics004.jpg

pics006.jpg

1985 Guild Nightbird with GFS Memphis Retrotron pickups (Carved Spruce top! Chambered 'hog body!):

pics003-1.jpg

pics007-1.jpg

pics004-1.jpg

Sep 11, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #19 of 833
Setup:
Suhr Standard
Gibson Les Paul Classic
->
-> Mesa Trem-O-Verb 100W ('94), using Boss DD-20 in effects.
-> Palmer PDI-03 Speaker Simulator
-> Echo Mia Soundcard/PC
-> DAC -> Headphone Amp -> Headphones

Nov 23, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #20 of 833
I'll have to take a pic of all my stuff. I have the Traynor YCV40WR. I love this amp. They are very good amps. If I lost mine, Id definately buy another. I blew up all my smaller amps, old peavee and one of the first solid state Marshalls built back in the 80's. I have a 200w Marshall half stack. It's a little much for the garage. I mostly play on the traynor at home. I kept all my guitars except one. My favorite is a custom Carvin I bought a few years ago. It took a little getting use to, but it's grown on me. But I still like playing my fender strat and old peavee strat copy. My washburn strat copy kind of collects dust unless I want a very acustic-ish sound.

I would love to hear about custom mods people have done with Marshall heads. I adore experimenting
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 23, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #21 of 833
Currently sporting an Ovation Legend 1777 LX and a Gibson Les Paul Studio.

Ampless at the moment, sold my Marshall. Used to play through a 70s Fender Bassman head, and looking for another one. So the Gibson just sits in the case looking pretty right now
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 6, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #22 of 833
New amp, Peavey Vypyr 75. Astounding cleans for a SS modeler, but the distortion is what makes it great.

DSC00897.jpg

Dec 6, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #23 of 833
I currently have:

Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Ash Strat
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Fender Mexican Tele with everything changed/upgraded except the neck.
Samick Vine inlay guitar (lol) with upgraded Seymour pickups- JB Bridge '59 neck.
Washburn D34SCE Acoustic

Pedalboard:
Boss GT-10
Boss FS-6
Boss Mono Volume
BBE Sonic Stomp Sonic Maximizer
BBE Acoustimax
Peterson Strobe 2 tuner

Amps:
Fender Hotrod Deluxe (primary)
Peavey Valve King 2x12 (backup)

And I mic with a Sennheiser e609 Silver Guitar Amp microphone

I run the GT-10 into the poweramp input on the Fender Hotrod, bypassing the HotRod preamp entirely and using only preamps on the GT-10 into the tube power amp.

Pics of everything but the G&L as I only got that last weekend:
DSCF3866.JPG

DSCF5589%20(Large).JPG

guitars.jpg

DSCF5591%20(Medium).JPG

Dec 8, 2008 at 7:24 AM Post #24 of 833
Dec 8, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #27 of 833
JAHN IS ALIVE!!!

Dec 8, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #28 of 833
* Beautiful guitar up there Jahn. Did you sell it then?
* Can you outline the setup for that vid? Cos amp is on, and you have headphones on, and you shake the guitar near the amp at the end (very cool!), but why atthe amp? I'm a noob sorry!

--

Well, I play a crappy Palma MG945. Got it when I was about 8. Used to have lessons, but then I stopped. Pulled it out for class concerts in music lessons in year 7, 8 and 9 when music was mandatory, since I dropped music I hadnt touched it until a few days ago. It has dents all over it and two screws holding the neck on (lasted a good few years like this!)... Don't know how I broke it! Pulled it out, tuned it, replaced the strings (without any instructions, first time in my life - dad did it when i was young) and started to learn to play a few songs in tab. Im pretty crap tbh, can play a few songs in tab, but I aim to teach myself over time.

I always wanted to play the electric but wasnt allowed. I love music (thats why im here!) and everytime I hear a solo I just wish I could copy it! I really want an electric guitar now though, however I cant afford one. I was thinking about velcroing a FiiO/Cmoy to the back and using my Livewires to save on cost for now, and I would drive mum nuts too with an amp.

Would playing without being able to hear the un-amplified strings ring be an issue? Sorry if that is a stupid question!

Do you recommend getting a sub £70 guitar with strap, bag (no amp) etc, or save for a cheap Fender package (or other known brand)? I plan on teaching myself, and just sitting at my desk having a little play in the evenings, nothing serious yet.

I was looking at this and thought it looked like a good price, then I researched the brand like it said to do in the auction (swiftmusiclondon), and found it from the manufacturer for less (shipped too) and with more colour choices, also the guy on ebay wants £35 or something for the small amp, and the supplier do it for £30 IIRC! What do you think of it/them?

Im only really interested in Les Paul's as it suits the style of music I listen to better, looks cooler IMO (due to my style of music), and is different from all the newbies with Strat and Tele copies. What would you recommend as a first electric?

I was thinking the natural one at the bottom of the suppliers website looked nice, or the sunburst one (ebay and manufacturers site) What do you think?

Any other opinions/suggestions?

Thanks in advance guys,

Matt

Dec 8, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #30 of 833
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got a '65 Vox AC10 Twin and a 2003 Artinger Blondie Jr. Semihollowbody. They make beautiful music together. Too bad it's probably in someone else's more capable hands! But here's a quickie chord slidey thing with some overdrive at the end for you:

YouTube - 1965 Vox AC10 and Artinger Blondie Jr. Semi-Hollowbody Demo

That tone is amazing, Jahn. I'm jealous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlpaul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Currently sporting an Ovation Legend 1777 LX and a Gibson Les Paul Studio.

How do you like the 1777 LX? I'm loving my 1771 LX very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back