Guitar Hero 2: Can anyone beat Jordan on Expert?
Aug 19, 2007 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

usc goose

Headphoneus Supremus
I've beat the game on hard, I'm working my way through expert right now but I have the urge to beat Jordan. Round about guitar solo B my head wants to implode. Any advice?

Aug 19, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #2 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc goose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've beat the game on hard, I'm working my way through expert right now but I have the urge to beat Jordan. Round about guitar solo B my head wants to implode. Any advice?

Go into practice mode, and practice at slow speed until you perfect it and commit the most difficult parts to memory. Then move up to the next speed and practice until you perfect it. Continue until you can muddle through on full speed.

Basically you need to practice until your eyeballs fall out. When you are on Expert mode, it gets pretty difficult to 'sight read', because there are so many notes coming at you very quickly. You just need to practice, and memorize the solo runs.

P.S. My answer is:

Other: I can 'pass it' every time.

But as for 5-starring it, or getting a really good score - well that's a different story entirely.

Aug 19, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #3 of 17
Honestly, all that work for something not really rewarding is utterly pointless. I guess you can show off to all your friends though... I can play it through, but I only ever get 3 stars. For comparison, I can 5 star every other song on the game, except Six, which is in the same realm of ridiculousness as Jordan.

Aug 19, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 17
I think I read on scorehero.com that someone witnessed a 10 year old beating Jordan on Expert at a gaming store.

I doubt I will ever be able to do it, the solo is too insane.

I've heard there is a dragonforce song in GH3 which is even harder.

Aug 19, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go into practice mode, and practice at slow speed until you perfect it and commit the most difficult parts to memory. Then move up to the next speed and practice until you perfect it. Continue until you can muddle through on full speed.

Basically you need to practice until your eyeballs fall out.

Yeah, that's my current plan but I feel that this may take a while. Oh well, it's nice to have goals and reach those goals. Even silly little goals like this that not too many people would care about.

Side question, do you people think it helps more to have a piano background for playing guitar hero? Cause that's what I'm reminded of when I play.

Aug 19, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc goose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Side question, do you people think it helps more to have a piano background for playing guitar hero? Cause that's what I'm reminded of when I play.

Can't say for sure, but I am absolutely certain that 25+ years of (real) guitar experience definitely helps me, especially with muscle memory, finger strength/dexterity, alternate picking, timing, rhythm, hammer ons and pull offs.

Aug 19, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #7 of 17
As for your piano question, I'd say a resounding yes. I'm a piano performance major and I can five star Jordan and I don't even own the game. I have played it good amount over friends houses though. I can get about 80% of the way through the song without even looking at the screen.

I played it at last years bi-annual NY meet, for anyone that remembers my piano-style playing
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 19, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I read on scorehero.com that someone witnessed a 10 year old beating Jordan on Expert at a gaming store.

Doesn't surprise me at all. I have seen 10 year olds hopped up on mountain dew accomplish things considerably more insane than that.

I have a feeling that some of the biggest competition on the 'leader boards' for Guitar Hero 3 will be very young children.

Aug 19, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #10 of 17
My pledge brother can do much of this song (except solos) facing away from the TV. He is insane.

Aug 20, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #13 of 17
I can't pass it yet, although I can usually score about 75%. I don't own the game though.

And for those of you talking about other instruments helping GH, I personally don't think my 12 years of piano instruction really helped GH, maybe some of the sight reading (although I think I owe more of that to DDR). Although a couple years of guitar definitely helped. A lot.

Aug 20, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #15 of 17
Yes piano helps I believe, because my friend who has played piano for 10 years and has never touched a guitar just picked up guitar hero and started playing it on hard right away, without knowing any of the songs. Also many of my other friends are the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back