Harman Curve EQing Thoughts
Mar 22, 2023 at 11:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BeowulfTheFoldin

New Head-Fier
So nothing against oratory or crinacles eq profiles but anytime I tune stuff to harman I almost always have to fix the low shelf cause bass impact gets like bred outta anything ive tried their profiles on. Like it gives like my fostex stuff ED lol.

Mar 22, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #2 of 4
I gave up on them and just tune using the Lokius to preference now. Some people really like that target though, different strokes.

Mar 22, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #4 of 4
Even if you got the exact right outcome from your IEM which is unlikely based on the variables involved, there would still be maybe about a 50/50 chance for you to prefer something else.
It's even more significant with bass as personal fit and seal quality can have a great impact on the quantity actually reaching our eardrum.
Harman is a proposed most liked tuning, it never claimed to please everybody. It's just that other tuning probably will please an even smaller percentage of listener. But different people still exist and our needs+taste are obviously diverse. You try, if it sounds nice you fine tune a little and all is well. If it doesn't sound right to you, you just need something else. Better luck next time ^_^.
Personally, I hate any bass boost that bleeds above 100-150Hz, so if I don't see a curve falling to flat within that range, I'll drop it and do my thing instead. Doesn't matter what the world thinks is right, I like what I like, and for once I know precisely what that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back