Has hifiman He-500 or audeze LCD-2 ever been in a black friday sale?
Nov 13, 2012 at 12:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hun009

New Head-Fier
It's closed to black friday and I'm interested in these headphones. But it seems the prices of both has never moved... Are there any websides on which I could buy either of them with lower price or with coupon in black friday period?

Nov 13, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #2 of 7
Your guess is as good as mine as to whether any such incentives will be offered. I do believe that the HifiMAN HE-400 was introduced towards the end of the year, and there was a $50 off incentive for those purchasers who were able to get in on the pre-order. But, I do think if we do see any such sales, it might involve combinations. HifiMAN could pair their HE-6 with their matching amp and provide a small discount. But, the prices of that rig would be a bit more than someone hunting for a bargain would be looking for.

Also, do keep in mind that HeadRomm http://www.headphone.com does have a "B" stock section for headphones that were purchased, but returned within the period. So, they sell these headphones for a pretty good discount. The HE-400 comes up every now and then for about $339.00, which is quite a good price.

Finally, we might see something from Moon-Audio as they do feature sales at various times of the year, which can amount to about a 10% discount and HifiMAN is included in the discount. There are times when they offer the discount to headphones $399 and up, so the HE-400 would be included. But, at the moment, I see that their coupon only applies to headphones $499 and up. There is a restriction with the coupon that reflects the discount doesn't apply to Grado nor Audeze headphones.

* Edit. Here is the link for Moon-Audio. They are located in North Carolina. http://www.moon-audio.com/

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
Your guess is as good as mine as to whether any such incentives will be offered. I do believe that the HifiMAN HE-400 was introduced towards the end of the year, and there was a $50 off incentive for those purchasers who were able to get in on the pre-order. But, I do think if we do see any such sales, it might involve combinations. HifiMAN could pair their HE-6 with their matching amp and provide a small discount. But, the prices of that rig would be a bit more than someone hunting for a bargain would be looking for.
Also, do keep in mind that HeadRomm http://www.headphone.com does have a "B" stock section for headphones that were purchased, but returned within the period. So, they sell these headphones for a pretty good discount. The HE-400 comes up every now and then for about $339.00, which is quite a good price.
Finally, we might see something from Moon-Audio as they do feature sales at various times of the year, which can amount to about a 10% discount and HifiMAN is included in the discount. There are times when they offer the discount to headphones $399 and up, so the HE-400 would be included. But, at the moment, I see that their coupon only applies to headphones $499 and up. There is a restriction with the coupon that reflects the discount doesn't apply to Grado nor Audeze headphones.
* Edit. Here is the link for Moon-Audio. They are located in North Carolina. http://www.moon-audio.com/

Thanks for typing! I'll add these two websides to my favorite. It's really hard to find a bargain price to these headphones...

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Also keep in mind that both of these sites do reward the little extra effort to contact them personally.

If you call up (not email) HeadRoom and ask for their best price on an item, they have been known to give discounts on products you usually see at a constant price.
In my case they generously gave $50 off on the HE-400.

As for Moon-Audio, they also can sometimes help you out with a small discount if you give them an email.

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
Thanks for typing! I'll add these two websides to my favorite. It's really hard to find a bargain price to these headphones...

They are not quite mass-produced at the scales of larger companies like Sennheiser or Shure, so you can't really blame em for being very tightknit with regards to pricing.

If they can suddenly just automate the whole process for HE500 or LCD2 with very consistent drivers, then yeah they could raise supply hugely and bring price down to sell more, but that isn't the case and there is quite a bit of hand assembly and manual tuning involved still.

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Also keep in mind that both of these sites do reward the little extra effort to contact them personally.

If you call up (not email) HeadRoom and ask for their best price on an item, they have been known to give discounts on products you usually see at a constant price.
In my case they generously gave $50 off on the HE-400.

As for Moon-Audio, they also can sometimes help you out with a small discount if you give them an email.

Great! That would be really useful!

Nov 13, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
They are not quite mass-produced at the scales of larger companies like Sennheiser or Shure, so you can't really blame em for being very tightknit with regards to pricing.

If they can suddenly just automate the whole process for HE500 or LCD2 with very consistent drivers, then yeah they could raise supply hugely and bring price down to sell more, but that isn't the case and there is quite a bit of hand assembly and manual tuning involved still.

You are right. And like Grado... So I think we could only find a lower price with coupon code... although they are usually excluded....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back