Have D2000s, and Ultrasone pro 900s...worth getting the AKG Q701s?
Jul 18, 2012 at 12:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

DiscoBurger

100+ Head-Fier
So as the title says I have the D2000s and the Ultrasone pro900s, both are really bass heavy and because of this I was thinking about adding a less "muddied", "mid-recessed" can to my collection. I listen to a lot of electronica/dub/house/glitchhop...etc, but I also listen to a ton of classic rock, indie rock, female vocalists, classical...etc. I feel like these genres would listen to a less bassy more "defined" headphone. What are peoples thoughts? 

Jul 18, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #2 of 9
Well, for me I have a specific sound signature that I have to go for.
You have to ask yourself if you can give up on the basshead sound signature.
For sure the Q701 will pair well with classical and such but does it match the sound you're looking for?
You should audition them.

Jul 18, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #3 of 9
Well i'm not trying to ditch the denons or the ultrasones, I just want to know if the Q701s would be different enough to add to my collection...or would my money be better spent re-cabling my ultrasones or buying a new amp or something..headphones are just so damn fun to buy

Jul 18, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
headphones are just so damn fun to buy

Just pull the trigger. 
smile.gif

I have a small collection of headphones with different sound signatures (depending on my uses) its not a bad idea. 

Jul 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #7 of 9
The AKG Q701 were probably my best purchase.
Besides the slight discomfort from the headband (which was easily fixed with kleenex), I absolutely love my AKGs, a lot more than the grado sr325i, Beyer T5p or bowers and wilkins P5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back