Have Sennheiser HD650s, just picked up Grado SR325is...Thoughts inside.
Jan 19, 2012 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

I3eyond

500+ Head-Fier
I used to have a set of Alessandro MS-1s that I liked quite a bit.

While I still love my 650s....

The clarity of the 325is is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am now a firm believer that any collection is just not complete without a Grado complement....

Jan 19, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
What are the pros and cons of both of them in your opinion?

650s are a better all-arounder.  They can perform well with just about everything, though they may not sound as good as the 325is on certain recordings.  As a result, the 650s IMHO are a "safe" can. 

The 325is, with the right recording, sound absolutely stellar.  The added detail is just top notch.

Jan 19, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
I am now a firm believer that any collection is just not complete without a Grado complement....

Yes and no. Yes if you like some music like rock/metal..., no if you listen mainly to hiphop,lol.

Jan 19, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:

Yes and no. Yes if you like some music like rock/metal..., no if you listen mainly to hiphop,lol.

I think a common misconception is that Grado is only good with rock/metal.  While this is true, the 325is also sound phenomenal with Diana Krall, Norah Jones (female vocals)...Rodrigo Y Gabriela (acoustic)...Infected Mushroom, Seal, Steely Dan.......I could go on....

Jan 19, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
I think a common misconception is that Grado is only good with rock/metal.  While this is true, the 325is also sound phenomenal with Diana Krall, Norah Jones (female vocals)...Rodrigo Y Gabriela (acoustic)...Infected Mushroom, Seal, Steely Dan.......I could go on....

Completely agree, i never say Only.

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #7 of 8
I find Grados good for rock, some metal, jazz, acoustic-based music (folk and a lot of non-Western music, for example), country, bluegrass, and probably string-dominated classical music.  They're not so good with bassier music and can have trouble sounding smooth. 

Jan 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
I find Grados good for rock, some metal, jazz, acoustic-based music (folk and a lot of non-Western music, for example), country, bluegrass, and probably string-dominated classical music.  They're not so good with bassier music and can have trouble sounding smooth. 

Certainly not smooth, that's where the Sennheisers come in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back