hd600... black or white material covering driver?
May 2, 2010 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

lejaz

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking to buy a second hand set of hd600's and I've read that there is a difference in the high's between the ones with the black material covering the drivers and newer ones with the white. Is this true...and how long ago did they switch to the white? Anybody know? Or is all this just a head-fi rumor? Thanks in advance

May 2, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #2 of 9
It did change, but I don't believe there is an audible difference.

May 3, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #3 of 9
Did you do a head to head comparison? Some folks have written that there is a difference.

May 3, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #4 of 9
The diff in the hd650 versions is pretty well documented. I haven't ab'd them but I liked the new version hd650 better than ever before (on my modest setup of course they always sounded awesome on superpower rigs at meets)

I would just get the new one since you're using them for mixing. Unless someone has found there's no diff with the hd600.

Also I think it's silver not white

May 3, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #5 of 9
The old was silk, I think the new is metal screen, but I'm not 100% sure

May 3, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blasto_Brandino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The old was silk, I think the new is metal screen, but I'm not 100% sure

If I remember correctly, the HD650s had a pinkish silk screen and then went on to a metallic screen. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the same on the 600s.

May 3, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by lejaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you do a head to head comparison? Some folks have written that there is a difference.

If there is there very small, I have heard them back to back and they sounded the same to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The diff in the hd650 versions is pretty well documented. I haven't ab'd them but I liked the new version hd650 better than ever before (on my modest setup of course they always sounded awesome on superpower rigs at meets)

I would just get the new one since you're using them for mixing. Unless someone has found there's no diff with the hd600.

Also I think it's silver not white

Mine looked white.

May 4, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #9 of 9
Does anyone know when the change was made? I imagine very few people have owned both at the same time in order to compare them....but apparently some have heard a difference between black and silver/white. Sennheiser denies any difference, but I don't think it would be in their interest to confirm it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back