Head-Fi Amp Guide - NEW GALLERY OPEN!
May 22, 2004 at 1:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

ipodstudio

Banned: - aka full monty - aka didikossa - aka R1D1 - aka migraineboy - aka setharmstrong - aka threavester - aka Sarah.B - aka javier - aka DoomV1 - aka JIAA
We just got finished with the new Head-Fi Amp Guide - GALLERY and thought you all would like to know about it. Basically, we've simply taken all the pics posted in this thread and made them into a large gallery for longevity. This way we stop losing the pics as they are taken down from various servers.

Hope you all enjoy the gallery and find it useful!!

May 22, 2004 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 21
At this point, I start to wonder where you're getting at this photo hosting. Very cool. Now the pictures won't disappear.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 22, 2004 at 2:30 PM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddball
At this point, I start to wonder where you're getting at this photo hosting. Very cool. Now the pictures won't disappear.
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL! I know what you mean. That makes 12 albums, 1048 images on 3 pages....
dude.gif

Actually, it's quite fun (most of the time
wink.gif
) putting together the galleries. Just the repetitive uploading and labelling that can get a bit tedious.
I'm always looking up equipment there, though, myself. If ever someone mentions an amp or something else that I'm unsure of, I know I can always go look it up at the galleries and at least have a look at what's being talked about. It's a big help. All shopping ideas should begin there..
icon10.gif

Leave your wallet at the door, though....there are just some incredible pieces of equipment in there...
bonk.gif

May 22, 2004 at 3:03 PM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
Very nice! This will be a particularly useful resource for new members to learn the amps we are discussing. Super job ipodstudio.
cool.gif

Thanks buddy!! Glad you like them. I've been meaning to organise this for a while, now, so it's nice to get it done before any more of the images fall away...
coolphones.gif

May 22, 2004 at 3:07 PM Post #6 of 21
Here's a picture of the original Singlepower SDS by Mikhail. The picture doesn't show how huge it really is. 17" deep X 12" high X 11" wide. It's cased in one of the hand made stainless steel cases.(classics)

1059203SDS50400061.jpg

May 22, 2004 at 3:14 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
Here's a picture of the original Singlepower SDS by Mikhail. The picture doesn't show how huge it really is. 17" deep X 12" high X 11" wide. It's cased in one of the hand made stainless steel cases.(classics)

1059203SDS50400061.jpg

This amp should be in the Headamp Hall Of Fame.
icon10.gif

May 23, 2004 at 3:36 AM Post #9 of 21
I like the idea of a head-amp hall of fame! We could vote. Have an online awards ceremony and enthrone the precious few with multiple images in their own special archive. Brilliant!

Orpheus gets first honors I think.

May 23, 2004 at 1:55 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin gilmore
No BH or dynahi
confused.gif

Kevin, where can I find the URLs to those images? I'm looking for them..
winkphones.gif

May 23, 2004 at 10:36 PM Post #14 of 21
Great job! I've seen most of those pics elsewhere before, but it's been awhile. Thanks for refreshing my memory of them.
wink.gif

I'm particularly fond of the more "offbeat" tube amps, like the Skorpion HV-1 OTL, Space-Tech Laboratory SE6BQ5 (gold), and Valve X1 (looks more like a "old school" TV than an amp).
icon10.gif

May 23, 2004 at 10:38 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowWorm
Great job! I've seen most of those pics elsewhere before, but it's been awhile. Thanks for refreshing my memory of them.
wink.gif

I'm particularly fond of the more "offbeat" tube amps, like the Skorpion HV-1, Space-Tech Laboratory SE6BQ5 (gold), and Valve X1 (looks more like a "old school" TV then an amp).
icon10.gif

Thanks, GlowWorm! Yes, it's a great reference library now. Don't think there are too many amps missing from that gallery now though if anyone knows of any and knows where I can get an image, please let me know.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back