Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Apr 3, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #10,726 of 12,597

LMAO the disclaimer at the end is hilarious...

WARNING: People with neck and upper spine problems should not use this IEM.Any digestive issues may be problematic with this much low end. Too much smooth bass may cause pregnancy (or labor, if already pregnant). Do not be duped by claims more is better. Do not use in a crowded area as this IEM may cause hearing damage to those nearby.

Edit: this has to be a spoof by JH haha.. I mean, how would one wear these with 2 2pin cables going different directions lol

April Fools? I wish it was real. I wouldn't be able to afford though.

Apr 3, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #10,727 of 12,597

The Vap was getting nervous eh
blink.gif
jk Vapster
wink_face.gif

So HBB, Jerry has a bass solution for you I see!!! https://www.jhaudio.com/products/meet-bertha-ear-monitor

Haha that was awesome 
o2smile.gif

Apr 3, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #10,729 of 12,597
You know a lot about these iems and bass and it is awesome but for me a bobbie this is all complicated, would be nice to be pointed to something without scraping my head too much, whatever that's basshead :) you guys rock, thank you you best, sorry for my English I only learn it in school, we don't have a good teacher, she is bad at English thanks

why don't you go to store and use the iems and say which iem has most bass, duh

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #10,730 of 12,597
Thought I'd ask guys, does the vega sound similar to the ex800st with tape mod but no EQ? As Im exclusively Tidal pretty much, I don't get to EQ. Wish I could listen to my tidal playlist on UAPP for the EQ!

Sometimes the hype is worth over $1000...not really though.

The Vega are $300 IEM wrapped in a $1,200 pricetag. I would NEVER rec that set. Over hype and under delivering. Not basshead and not really good period. The price and sound I heard created this bias.

Apr 4, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #10,733 of 12,597
The JVC and Future Sonics IEMs I mentioned and the Radius @Hawaiibadboy suggested can give you good bass without complication. JVC and Radius should be at Yodobashi or similar store for you to try . :beerchug:

Thank you Raketen, I will go use all three iems in Yodobashi. 64 jh iem is something new, so many drivers. How much is it?

Apr 4, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #10,734 of 12,597
Hopefully this is the right place to post something like this, but I'm in a bit of a pickle and I'd like some help sorting my options.  I need to get some quality bass-heavy IEMs that also have really good clarity and vocals.  

I had Atrio MG7s for a few years, but around 7 months ago I lost them somehow.  I bought some IE80s as I thought that would be a more than adequate replacement, but what I really wanted was an improvement, not just a replacement, and the IE80s sounded pretty muddy from my listening. (A-B tested with V-Moda M100s and HD650s)  So I returned those, and have been using the pieces of crap on a wire that I got with my galaxy S7 edge ever since. 

I'd like the bass to be at least as strong as on my M100s, but I definitely don't want another IE80 situation where the clarity suffers as a result.

I mostly listen to various genres of electronic music, K-Pop, various genres of rock, and occasionally some swing. 

Budget is pretty stiff at around 275 USD max, I'm open to getting an amp on top of that down the line though.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #10,735 of 12,597
  Hopefully this is the right place to post something like this, but I'm in a bit of a pickle and I'd like some help sorting my options.  I need to get some quality bass-heavy IEMs that also have really good clarity and vocals.  

I had Atrio MG7s for a few years, but around 7 months ago I lost them somehow.  I bought some IE80s as I thought that would be a more than adequate replacement, but what I really wanted was an improvement, not just a replacement, and the IE80s sounded pretty muddy from my listening. (A-B tested with V-Moda M100s and HD650s)  So I returned those, and have been using the pieces of crap on a wire that I got with my galaxy S7 edge ever since. 

I'd like the bass to be at least as strong as on my M100s, but I definitely don't want another IE80 situation where the clarity suffers as a result.

I mostly listen to various genres of electronic music, K-Pop, various genres of rock, and occasionally some swing. 

Budget is pretty stiff at around 275 USD max, I'm open to getting an amp on top of that down the line though.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

EX800ST taped

Amp or no they sound great. They eat 500mW max so your amp will like them and they will like your amp.

The fit though is hit and miss.

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #10,737 of 12,597

EX800ST taped

Amp or no they sound great. They eat 500mW max so your amp will like them and they will like your amp.

The fit though is hit and miss.

I'll mostly be using them to work out in/run, and sometimes when I mow the lawn as well, so isolation and fit could be an issue.  I was looking at the EX800STs before, and will probably end up just going with that, but do you have any other suggestions that I could look into with the issues above in mind?

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #10,739 of 12,597
  I'll mostly be using them to work out in/run, and sometimes when I mow the lawn as well, so isolation and fit could be an issue.  I was looking at the EX800STs before, and will probably end up just going with that, but do you have any other suggestions that I could look into with the issues above in mind?

Skip the EX800 if you will mow lawns and stuff
A set of FLC8S, fit like a glove and have good mids and bass with right filters

Apr 5, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #10,740 of 12,597

Sometimes the hype is worth over $1000...not really though.

The Vega are $300 IEM wrapped in a $1,200 pricetag. I would NEVER rec that set. Over hype and under delivering. Not basshead and not really good period. The price and sound I heard created this bias.

Greetings

So I put an iem under my radar when they talk about bass, and then I come over here and check out what bassheads have to say about it. Your impressions about the vega totally ruined it for me and now I am so skeptic about it. I appreciate if you can tell us, what you did not like about it.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back