Head-Fi Contributor Awards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2015 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5
2017: I'm leaving this here only for future reference, but this thread was created when I was forum staff, which I am no longer.

For some time now, when I've seen a member contribute considerably to Head-Fi, I've awarded them Contributor status. Previously it was possible to get this status by donating to Head-Fi, in exchange for which one would get extra privileges such as extra PMs, advertising switched off and even a Head-Fi t-shirt. While that is not possible now, I do think that members give back to the community by writing many reviews, host regular meets and whatnot should get something in return.

So every month or thereabouts I'd like to announce members who have been given Contributor status by the moderators as a thank-you for their contributions.

2016:
ProtegeManiac for providing considerable useful help to new members in the Introductions forum.
HiFiChris for his contribution of, so far, 69 product reviews.
Joe Bloggs who, even while he was working for FiiO, took a lot of time to help members both with FiiO gear and otherwise.
jerg, for his extensive headphone modding efforts.

November 2015:
nmatheis (Reviews)
Castleofargh (Sound Science moderator volunteer)
BloodyPenguin (Reviews)
Hisoundfi (Reviews)

October 2015:
x RELIC x (reviews)
Hawaiibadboy (Bass Club reviews and X5 firmware mods)

Previous (that I can remember)
money4me247 (Reviews)
Brooko (Reviews and has the most "thumbs-up" reputation points out of all members)
average_joe
(and quite a few more people)

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #2 of 5
And all this time I thought it was a magic head-fi fairy assigning "contributor" status, while it was actually a watchful eye of @Currawong 
wink.gif

Amos, I'm glad I came across this blog entry since I had quite a few people ask me about the origin of the status.

Btw, always been curious how to find out a total "thumbs-up" reputation count?  And not surprised at all that Paul is leading the way!!! (@Brooko)
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #3 of 5
  And all this time I thought it was a magic head-fi fairy assigning "contributor" status, while it was actually a watchful eye of @Currawong 
wink.gif

Amos, I'm glad I came across this blog entry since I had quite a few people ask me about the origin of the status.

Btw, always been curious how to find out a total "thumbs-up" reputation count?  And not surprised at all that Paul is leading the way!!! (@Brooko)
biggrin.gif

You're not far behind him now. I forgot when I gave you the status, if it was I who did. I can't remember everyone I gave it to.

Nov 26, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the explanation Amos, and I'm genuinely surprised at the rep comment.  I would have expected to be miles behind people like MLE, Joker, and others who have helped so many people over the years.

BTW congrats Alex on the century of reviews - quite an achievement.

Apr 9, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #5 of 5
I've granted contributor status to two more people: 

@ProtegeManiac for providing considerable useful help to new members in the Introductions forum.

@HiFiChris for his contribution of, so far, 69 product reviews. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back