Head-FI Opinion: Sennheiser
Mar 24, 2019 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Notanaudiophile85

New Head-Fier
I own a pair of the 630vb and I find them to be really enjoyable. I can’t say I’ve ever seen the 630vb discussed or described anywhere except for when I search for them specifically, but even then the content is minimal. I’ve never met another person that’s owned a pair. I haven’t seen anyone mention them in any threads. The reviews I’ve read have been favorable, but they were written at the time they were released. I’ve had mine listed for awhile and there doesn’t seem to be any interest. I’m curious to hear what a bunch of experts think about them.

What do you think of the Sennheiser hd 630VBs? What makes them bad, good, unacknowledged, etc.? Why aren’t they more popular?

Mar 24, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #2 of 10
Never heard of them before, but quick google search would tell me. Expensive cabled headphone for use on the go? I'd say plenty of better wireless options? If not that, then plenty of people would use regular 600 series with a portable amp as a preferred choice and almost cheaper at this price.

Mar 24, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #3 of 10
If I knew what I know now, i think I would have purchased the 650s. I didn’t realized the 600 series was that well regarded. I wanted something that had the sound of a nicer pair of headphones but also emphasized the bass. They are almost exactly what I was looking for. They are pretty large for “on the go” though. I may hold onto them if I can’t get an offer over 150. I just don’t have time to use this set of headphones. I planned to listen at work but the role changed. You’re exactly right though. Not too many people would choose the 630vb over the 650s.

Mar 25, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #4 of 10
What do you think of the Sennheiser hd 630VBs? What makes them bad, good, unacknowledged, etc.? Why aren’t they more popular?

They kinda look like Beats and people here are more into the HD600 and HD650 than...well...Beats.

Even if they need something portable the more likely candidate is an IEM given the isolation level and compact size. For the rest of the mainstream market it's going to be wireless ANC headphones.

Mar 25, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #5 of 10
My guess is that they're unpopular because they're *drumroll* unpopular.
They're not carried at Best Buy, B&H Photo, or Apple. They're not "audiophile" because of the adjustable bass, hard-wired cable, built-in microphone. They're not popular for portable because they're not carried at any brick-&-mortar stores, they're big, they're wired, they're gawky looking, they're not noise-cancelling.

You haven't been able to sell them because it's only been a few days, you've only got twenty-odd posts, you have zero trader feedback, the HD 630VB are only $45-$65 more on Amazon.

Mar 25, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #6 of 10
They kinda look like Beats and people here are more into the HD600 and HD650 than...well...Beats.
What a load of nonsense.
They look more like the Sennheiser HDI234.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #7 of 10
From what i've read about the HD630VB there seems to be no reason not to buy them if they are good at what they do. The biggest reason for their unpopularity is probably because nobody associates Sennheiser with closed-back headphones. Sennheiser was the creator/inventor of the open-back headphone, even most non-audiophiles/average consumers who know nothing wouldn't associate high-end closed-back headphones with Sennheiser. They are more likely to be looking at Beyerdynamic or Sony. So the HD630VB has unfortunately been overlooked.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #10 of 10
My guess is that they're unpopular because they're *drumroll* unpopular.
They're not carried at Best Buy, B&H Photo, or Apple. They're not "audiophile" because of the adjustable bass, hard-wired cable, built-in microphone. They're not popular for portable because they're not carried at any brick-&-mortar stores, they're big, they're wired, they're gawky looking, they're not noise-cancelling.

You haven't been able to sell them because it's only been a few days, you've only got twenty-odd posts, you have zero trader feedback, the HD 630VB are only $45-$65 more on Amazon.
You sound interested. They’re still available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back