Head phone help Please!
Oct 23, 2014 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Mechnutt

New Head-Fier
I would greatly appreciate some headphone advice.  I bought my son a pair of Sennheiser HD 449 headphones to use with computer music and gaming.  After 50 hours of burn in they are flat will little bass.  I am going to sell these and buy a different set.  I want to stay in the $100-120 range (this is discount price as the Headphones listed below cost a lot more but can be had in my price range or less).  I have been researching the following around the ear headphones-

ATH M50x
ATH A500x
ATH A700X
ATH AD700x

Beyerdynamic DT440

JVC HA RX900

I am so freaking confused.  I have read so many user and pro reviews and they are all a mixed bag of worms as far as bass is concerned.  Some reviews say that bass is deep and strong, while other reviews of the same headphones state that bass is weak.  What!  For example a pro review on the M50x stated that bass is ok but not great and user reviews state bass is strong and deep.

My son basically wants a headphone that is not veiled or muddy, has good fidelity ( does not have to be great at this price range) and that has good deep punchy bass and a full midrange without being too bright..  Any head phone that is recommended must fall in that price range and must be over the ear.

By the way, my son's sound card in his computer is one of the high end sound blaster cards.  
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry

Oct 24, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #2 of 3
No advice from any one?  I am very open to suggestions for headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back