Headphone AMP n00b Looking for Help-First Time Headphone Amp Purchaser
Dec 13, 2013 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nokialover

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking to purchase a desktop amplifier for my headphones.  Curently I have a fiio e11 portable headphone amplifier, but when I am at home, I want an upgrade in terms of audio amplification.  The headphone that I am currently using is the Beyerdynamic COP, but looking to get headphones that can get handle greater amplification as many of you know that it is a low impedance headphone.  What options are there that are in a reasonable price range.  I am looking for something no more than 80$, will go more if quality is greater, but would prefer to keep it around 40$.  

Any Suggestions? Thanks in advance

Dec 14, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #2 of 4
  I am looking to purchase a desktop amplifier for my headphones.  Curently I have a Fiio E11 portable headphone amplifier, but when I am at home, I want an upgrade in terms of audio amplification.  The headphone that I am currently using is the Beyerdynamic COP, but looking to get headphones that can get handle greater amplification as many of you know that it is a low impedance headphone.  What options are there that are in a reasonable price range.  I am looking for something no more than 80$, will go more if quality is greater, but would prefer to keep it around 40$.  

Any Suggestions? Thanks in advance

Are you asking about spending $80 for an amplifier for your Beyer COPS, amplifier better then the $60 FiiO E11?
The FiiO E11 offers more power then the 16-Ohm Beyer COPS could ever use.
"handle greater amplification" higher impedance (Ohm) headphones?

Dec 14, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #3 of 4
Are you asking about spending $80 for an amplifier for your Beyer COPS, amplifier better then the $60 FiiO E11?
The FiiO E11 offers more power then the 16-Ohm Beyer COPS could ever use.
"handle greater amplification" higher impedance (Ohm) headphones?

Then i will need an amp that will be compatible with headphones that can be amped up higher. I was looking at getting a pair of ath m50's or ultrasone hfi 780 possibly. Something that could be used higher impedence headphones, yes

Dec 14, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #4 of 4
Then I will need an amp that will be compatible with headphones that can be amped up higher. I was looking at getting a pair of ath m50's or ultrasone hfi 780 possibly. Something that could be used higher impedence headphones, yes

The FiiO E11 can easily drive 250-Ohm headphones.
So the E11 would have no problem driving the 50-Ohm ATH-M50s or 35-Ohm Ultrasone HFI-780s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back