Headphone Deathmatch
Jan 6, 2013 at 12:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Aslfrasle

New Head-Fier
Alright, now I've got about six different headphones, and no clear decision between them so I want to set up a comparison between them to declare a winner. If everyone could rank these six headphones on four criteria that are important for my headphones, I would be eternally grateful.

The six headphones are...
Parrot Zik
Sennheiser MM500-X
Sennheiser Momentum
B&W P5
Logitech UE 6000.
Logitech UE 9000

The criterion for ranking are:
Sound Quality - 40%
Portability and Comfort - 27.5%
Features vs. Price - 25%
Style - 7.5%

EDIT: I forgot to mention that where my music library is concerned about half of it is electronic, techno, or dubstep, while the other half is acoustic, rock or instrumental

Jan 6, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #2 of 9
The two best headphones for what you want would be the UE9000, or the Sennheiser Momentum. the UE9000 is the best sound wise, and its bluetooth compatible and have noise cancelling.

Jan 7, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 9
Could anyone here help me with a decision between the Parrot Zik's and the Logitech UE 9000's?

Edit: for more info, I'm looking for wireless and heard these were two of the best, and I would be using them for equal parts electronic and acoustic

Jan 7, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #4 of 9
Don't know the Logitech, but the Parrot weren't bad when I tried them. Expensive for JUST the sound, but for ALL of the various features they have (and their general geek appeal), I think they're about right on target price-wise. Relatively comfortable, felt good in hand, a little hot in the upper mids and flat in the bass, but it isn't anything massively offensive (they're pretty easy to listen to). I think they'll do better with acoustic than electronic, but there's not many other headphones like them (the closest overall competitor I'm aware of is the Koss Striva, which I have not heard ($450 just to test them out is a bit rich) - and they're fairly different in their wireless featureset).

I'd say give'em a shot - they probably won't disappoint given that you actually will use most of their featureset from what you're describing. The B&W P5 would also be a good choice methinks, if you don't mind the cord. And if we're looking at corded, I'd throw the Audio-Technica ESW9 out as another contender there (and imho better, sound-wise, than the P5 (P5 isolates better, is more durable, and may or may not look better to you)).

Jan 7, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
Could anyone here help me with a decision between the Parrot Zik's and the Logitech UE 9000's?

Edit: for more info, I'm looking for wireless and heard these were two of the best, and I would be using them for equal parts electronic and acoustic

The Logitech has some of the best wireless quality in a headphone, it sounds just as well wireless as it does wired and it is a Phenomenal headphone. 

Here's a video from Tyll : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_4Kt5vKuls

Jan 7, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #6 of 9
I'm thinking I gathered up all the problems for the Parrot Zik's and the UE 9000's according to reviews from all over the internet

Parrot Zik
- Low Battery Life (6 hours with all features enabled)
- Dependant on the App to make them sound good
- When plugged in with 3.5mm cable audio quality take a big hit
- Random pauses while listening to music
- Talking while using the microphone sounds muffled

Logitech UE 9000
- Audio leakage
- Battery power needed whether using them wireless or wired
- Very bass-heavy
- Heavier than most headphones

The UE 9000's seem to have less flaws, though some of them are more serious than the flaws that the Zik's suffer from, is there anyone out there who has tried one or both and can comment on these supposed problems?

Jan 7, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #8 of 9
Decision Made!
I'm going to stop worrying about the small stuff, since I'm recently seen reviews saying that the audio leakage on the UE 9000's is minimal, so I've just decided to go with those since they seem better in most ways compared to the Zik's though gizmodo seems to think the Zik's are better than the UE 9000's and the Sennheiser MM550-X, though I think that was because of all the Zik's cool features, which to me don't seem worth it if you don't have good audio quality...

I figure, worst case scenario, if the UE 9000's aren't what I'm looking for, I can always return them and get the Zik's instead, and if those don't measure up, do the same; hopefully one last time; and settle on some simpler, wired Sennheiser Momentums.

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
Alright, now I've got about six different headphones, and no clear decision between them so I want to set up a comparison between them to declare a winner. If everyone could rank these six headphones on four criteria that are important for my headphones, I would be eternally grateful.

The six headphones are...
Parrot Zik
Sennheiser MM500-X
Sennheiser Momentum
B&W P5
Logitech UE 6000.
Logitech UE 9000

The criterion for ranking are:
Sound Quality - 40%
Portability and Comfort - 27.5%
Features vs. Price - 25%
Style - 7.5%

EDIT: I forgot to mention that where my music library is concerned about half of it is electronic, techno, or dubstep, while the other half is acoustic, rock or instrumental

Forget the Parrot Zik, they are truly beautiful but too chunky for portable use.

I haven't heard the logitechs but have the Momentums and the P5. The P5 look much nicer both on and off, super stylish and very low-profile, but the Momentum's are clearly the better headphones SQ-wise, bigger soundstage, better detail and separation and more natural sounding. They have roughly similar sound sigs, quite warm, but because of its superior resolution, the warmth doesn't impact the rest of the spectrum as much with the Momentums. The Momentums still look very nice too and are more comfortable.

Stop agonising and get the Momentums!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back