Headphone Drivers ?
Jun 29, 2012 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Bradsnake412

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone i want to make my own Headphones but where can i buy some Headphone Drivers thanks for any help as i love making things and making my own headphones would be fun, i know i can just take some drivers out of headphones but was just wondering if i can just buy the Drivers somewhere ^_^
Thanks heaps

Jun 29, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #3 of 5
A popular choice for drivers is the Koss KSC75, they're fairly basic and (from what I understand) relatively easy to dismantle. Grados are also a popular source of drivers. Finally, the Fostex T50 is a popular choice to customize from the ground up (there's a BIG thread on this; it's called something like "I just heard some T50s Today!"). None of these are terribly expensive unless you decide you want to rip apart a pair of PS1000s.

Jul 2, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
A popular choice for drivers is the Koss KSC75, they're fairly basic and (from what I understand) relatively easy to dismantle. Grados are also a popular source of drivers. Finally, the Fostex T50 is a popular choice to customize from the ground up (there's a BIG thread on this; it's called something like "I just heard some T50s Today!"). None of these are terribly expensive unless you decide you want to rip apart a pair of PS1000s.

Thanks heaps for the help just another quick thing know of any Great mini speaker Drivers.

Nov 17, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #5 of 5
There is also the Magnum v4 drivers (costing 120 dollars) from Rhydon, which could be more practical than buying a Grado and dismantling it only for its drivers. Also the Magnums should garner considerably more SQ to your project than the equivalent-value Grado headphone's drivers.

But drivers in the KSC75 have the best performance for the price that you can get, so it's a good point to start also!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back