headphone for games and music on pc
Jul 13, 2012 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

rphit

New Head-Fier
i want to know a good headphone full size, closed circumaural, with powerfull bass (for eletronic, dance music), good lows and mids, good soundstage (for games), very confortable, at least 10ft uncoiled cable or a flexible coiled one, low impedance (someone told me this would be good when you don't have a amplifier or a offboard sound card, which is my case because i've a onboard realtek ALC892), a very clean sound, and the most important, below 120 dollars. Also i want to say this headphone is for geral stuff on windows, youtube and etc...

Jul 13, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:
I want to know a good headphone full size, closed circumaural, with powerful bass (for electronic, dance music), good lows and mids, good sound stage (for games), very comfortable, at least 10ft uncoiled cable or a flexible coiled one, low impedance (someone told me this would be good when you don't have a amplifier or a off-board sound card, which is my case because I've a on-board realtek ALC892), a very clean sound, and the most important, below 120 dollars. Also I want to say this headphone is for general stuff on windows, youtube and etc...

Motherboards come with really low cost DACs (Digital to Analog Converter).
For $17 ($26.99- $10 mail in rebate = $16.99) you can get an Asus Xonar DG, which will have a better DAC then your motherboards and will work with headphones up to around 150-Ohms.
Comes with Dolby headphone surround sound, great for movies and some games.

Jul 13, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
Motherboards come with really low cost DACs (Digital to Analog Converter).
For $17 ($26.99- $10 mail in rebate = $16.99) you can get an Asus Xonar DG, which will have a better DAC then your motherboards and will work with headphones up to around 150-Ohms.
Comes with Dolby headphone surround sound, great for movies and some games.

the main problem is that i use a mini itx computer and doesn't have space for a offboard sound card, as i said doesn't need to be the best headphone, just one with the specs listed above, the max i wanna pay is 120 dollars, but if there is a good headphone with these specs above for about 75$ or less, would be better, some headphones i was interested is those

ATH-M50s
DT 770 PRO
sony v900hd / v700

but these are too expensives (around 150-180 dollars)

the headphones i want is less expensive, which the price max in the usa 120 dollars (some less than that) like

sony XB700
sennheiser HD 201 / 429 / 439
shure srh 440 / 550dj
AKG K240 MKII

if you know a better headphone or a sugestion, please tell me, thanks

Jul 13, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

the main problem is that i use a mini itx computer and doesn't have space for a offboard sound card, as i said doesn't need to be the best headphone, just one with the specs listed above, the max i wanna pay is 120 dollars, but if there is a good headphone with these specs above for about 75$ or less, would be better, some headphones i was interested is those

ATH-M50s
DT 770 PRO
sony v900hd / v700

but these are too expensives (around 150-180 dollars)

the headphones i want is less expensive, which the price max in the usa 120 dollars (some less than that) like

sony XB700
sennheiser HD 201 / 429 / 439
shure srh 440 / 550dj
AKG K240 MKII

if you know a better headphone or a sugestion, please tell me, thanks

I would say to take the DT770 and AKG K240MKII off the list, little to demanding (juice wise) for an motherboard's built in audio.

Jul 14, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
I would say to take the DT770 and AKG K240MKII off the list, little to demanding (juice wise) for an motherboard's built in audio.

Not really, at least not the DT770.

@OP, I'd go for some Creative Aurvana Live! headphones.

Jul 14, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
i want to know a good headphone full size, closed circumaural, with powerfull bass (for eletronic, dance music), good lows and mids, good soundstage (for games), very confortable, at least 10ft uncoiled cable or a flexible coiled one, low impedance (someone told me this would be good when you don't have a amplifier or a offboard sound card, which is my case because i've a onboard realtek ALC892), a very clean sound, and the most important, below 120 dollars. Also i want to say this headphone is for geral stuff on windows, youtube and etc...

You're not going to get good soundstage out of a closed can. If soundstage isn't essential then the CAL! would be great, although you're asking for too much at that price. Below 120 dollars you're going to have to make compromises, especially if you want a closed can.

I recommend against getting an extreme bass (e.g. XB700) headphone because it kills the mids, highs, imaging and soundstage. Oh and the HD201 has weak bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back