Headphone for hearing aid users
Mar 26, 2019 at 4:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Pewterlocks

100+ Head-Fier
I have a query to put forth, actually a challenge.
As a hearing aid user I have problems finding phones that I can use with my device in and on my ear.
I usually get a lot of feedback ( like a pig been slaughtered) or the cups make contact with the aid and more bad juju happens.
The few times it worked for a few minutes, it was great, tons of clarity and all was good.
I use over ear as that is what I like.
1st pair, Sony WH100XM2
2nd pair, Focal spirit pro
Neither does the trick.
I use a in ear/ behind the ear aid, quite small, but still having issues getting it to play nice with phones.
My setup is portable as I am outdoors a lot
My sources are a trio of daps
I would appreciate any kind of help.

Thanks
Bruce

Mar 26, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #2 of 5
Do you hearing aids do anything besides boosting volume? My guess is the limiting factor is the quality of your hearing aids.

What would happen if you took out the hearing aids and just used headphones? Maybe some customs would work for you.

Mar 26, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #3 of 5
Do you hearing aids do anything besides boosting volume? My guess is the limiting factor is the quality of your hearing aids.

What would happen if you took out the hearing aids and just used headphones? Maybe some customs would work for you.

I would love to use earphones but I have a REAL shallow ear canals and nothing I have tried stays in, maybe I should use duct tape, lol.
I just use the headphones without the aids, the hearing aid is for clarity as I don't have a problem with volume just mostly vocal clarity as voices do come across somewhat muddy,.
Perhaps a pair of headphones that really forward the vocals a lot would do the trick, if so being somewhat poor at the moment my budget would be $200 ( over ear only) I look forward to suggestions from the masses at head-fi

Mar 27, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #4 of 5
I would love to use earphones but I have a REAL shallow ear canals and nothing I have tried stays in, maybe I should use duct tape, lol.
I just use the headphones without the aids, the hearing aid is for clarity as I don't have a problem with volume just mostly vocal clarity as voices do come across somewhat muddy,.
Perhaps a pair of headphones that really forward the vocals a lot would do the trick, if so being somewhat poor at the moment my budget would be $200 ( over ear only) I look forward to suggestions from the masses at head-fi
Have you ever tried using EQ to move the vocals forward?

Mar 27, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #5 of 5
Did not think of that, wouldn't know how to do that as I have always listened to the music without EQ.
I have been under the impression that EQ would change the music from the way it was meant to be heard.
That been said how would one change the EQ on a dap ( Fiio X5 2, Cayin N5, Pioneer Xr30)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back