Headphone has static noise when I turn on my audio setup
Aug 10, 2023 at 7:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

demonk

New Head-Fier
My new headphones (he1000 stealth) suddenly happened to have loud static noise (static interference/hissing) at the moment when i turn on my audio setup. The static noise was still there even when not playing audio on my PC. So, I tried to use my fingers to bend over the stock cable, and the static noise disappeared for a second. After that, I tried to turn off my Class A amplifier and turned it on again, and I also tried to connect my headphones with another cable, the static has gone. After that there is no static to be found anymore.

So is this normal? Is this issue caused by the stock cable or my amplifier? Most importantly, would the static noise/static interference damage my headphones?

Appreciate if anyone can help me, thank you.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #2 of 4
My new headphones (he1000 stealth) suddenly happened to have loud static noise (static interference/hissing) at the moment when i turn on my audio setup. The static noise was still there even when not playing audio on my PC. So, I tried to use my fingers to bend over the stock cable, and the static noise disappeared for a second. After that, I tried to turn off my Class A amplifier and turned it on again, and I also tried to connect my headphones with another cable, the static has gone. After that there is no static to be found anymore.

So is this normal? Is this issue caused by the stock cable or my amplifier? Most importantly, would the static noise/static interference damage my headphones?

Appreciate if anyone can help me, thank you.
Well, your "experiment" was to attempt to force a possible broken wire/joint back into making a connection, by bending the stock cable to apply tension to the possible break. You also tried a different cable to confirm it. It sounds like that experiment was successful and that you have a cable with an internal break or dodgy connection somewhere.

Aug 12, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #3 of 4
Well, your "experiment" was to attempt to force a possible broken wire/joint back into making a connection, by bending the stock cable to apply tension to the possible break. You also tried a different cable to confirm it. It sounds like that experiment was successful and that you have a cable with an internal break or dodgy connection somewhere.
Actually the hissing sounded very loud, it's exactly like the TV flickering. I am afraid the hissing maybe not caused by my stock cable, but instead it's caused by the amp or dac. This is because when i tried to connect my stock cable again, there is no static noise/hissing can be found anymore. It only happened when I turn on my amp and dac setup that day.

I don't have the hissing issue with my another headphones that connect with the same dac and amp.

As the hissing issue is no longer there for right now, that means i couldn't figure out whether it is caused by the dac, amp or stock cable. Do you have any insight?

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #4 of 4
In situations like this my approach is to find the source of the problem using the process of elimination. Take the configuration that has the problem and change each variable one by one. Different cable, different amp, dac, etc, until you find the source of the problem and can recreate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back