Headphone Help - Over Ear headphones
Sep 18, 2014 at 2:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Ryannnn

Head-Fier
Hi guys my name is Ryan, and ive been looking to buy a pair of over ear headphones for under $300 (£250)...

What I want from them is

1) Looks nice 
2) Really good sound quality
3) Decent Isolation
4) Comfortable :D

So far i have looked at the Sennhieser Momentum over ear, but i didnt know if the sound quality is worth the money... Also i have got a close eye on the V-Moda crossfade M100 but i dont know much about them... What do you guys think?! I will be using these for everyday use... so I dont really want something looking ugly/dull...

Thanks guys! 

-Ryan :D

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #2 of 14
I have the momentum over ear and by god they are comfortable. I like the sound but some people think the bass isn't great. I sometimes don't like how the bass sounds on them either. Otherwise they do give a full rich sound that I am sure most people like most of the time. I find my beyer t50p better for clarity. But considering how many people hates the t50p I think what the take aways should be it's different for each person. Best to personally compare using a set of tracks all the models you might want to buy.

Btw they look better off then on IMHO. Maybe no over ears ever looks good but yeah I walking around the house with them on and went into the washroom. Bit disappointing how out of place they look (mine are black) compared to sitting on the desk.

I find the isolation just ok. They will work to isolate you but it's not going to be like dunking your head into a tub of lard.

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #3 of 14
  I have the momentum over ear and by god they are comfortable. I like the sound but some people think the bass isn't great. I sometimes don't like how the bass sounds on them either. Otherwise they do give a full rich sound that I am sure most people like most of the time. I find my beyer t50p better for clarity. But considering how many people hates the t50p I think what the take aways should be it's different for each person. Best to personally compare using a set of tracks all the models you might want to buy.

Btw they look better off then on IMHO. Maybe no over ears ever looks good but yeah I walking around the house with them on and went into the washroom. Bit disappointing how out of place they look (mine are black) compared to sitting on the desk.

I find the isolation just ok. They will work to isolate you but it's not going to be like dunking your head into a tub of lard.

Thanks for the advice man! :) Hmm any recommendations on any other awesome sounding stylish headphones? What about the VMODA m100? :C thanks.

Sep 21, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #5 of 14
I've had my M-100 for 2 years now and they are my main daily drivers. Isolation is excellent and comfort is vastly improved with the $20 XL pads. I liked the sound of the Momentums, but they fit strangely on my head. I could never get a good seal with them, but when I pushed them against my ears they sounded great. Big heads and Momentums do not mix.
For portable use, I think the M-100 is easier to transport since it folds up and has a small carrying case, while the Momentum is easier to wear around the neck since the ear cups aren't as big.
I have a video review of the M-100 in my signature below.

Sep 21, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #6 of 14
I think Momentum is a great choice!!!   I like the sound of momentum very much, it sounds cheerful and vivid.    I will recommend Denon AH-D 600, too. Actually, I think Denon AH-D 600 is the best closed back over ear headphone under $600. The sound of AH-D 600 has higher clarity than Momentum, and it also has much much better bass than momentum. The Denon patented ear pad is extremely comfortable. Draw backs are AH-D 600 is much much heavier than momentum; due to the big size of AH-D600, the portability is almost negligible.

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #9 of 14
Yes. Crossfade M-100 is the name. And thanks!

Sep 28, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #13 of 14
I always find that I agree with Tyll on most things.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/bassheads-delight-v-moda-crossfade-m-100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back