headphone help
Jan 31, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:
DutchGFX you're meaning well but you're handing a rather misguided advice tbh. K240mk2 efficieny is rather mediocre and an iphone max ~1.5Vmax/16ohms will treat it only adequately at best with loud recordings with compessed dynamic range, When underpowered they also tend to have cogested presentation due to lack of speration of notes. These are studio monitor cans, They need a good amount more power than that to actually open-up. And i'd rather go for somehong truly portable and closed-back for outdooe usage. I'd do some reading about AT ATH-ES7, Sony MDR-ZX700, ATH-M50, Beyerdynamic DT770LE.

They almost the same to me from the iPhone as my E17. Just an opinion, they do not sound congested to me :) They actually get louder with my iPod than my Cowon :)

Feb 1, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #17 of 18
What can i say... Your hearing discerning ability aside, To me it speaks more about the E17's (poor) quality with them than the iPhone's. Wait 'till toy hear them with a nice desktop amp. Bye bye laid-back-cozy-sweet mids and mushy bass... 
wink.gif

Feb 1, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:
They almost the same to me from the iPhone as my E17. Just an opinion, they do not sound congested to me :) They actually get louder with my iPod than my Cowon :)

I was going to say while they aren't pretty sensitive, they also aren't that resistant either. They have similar qualities to the (also AKG) Q701 which sound great enough with an iPod touch, but maybe can be better with a more amplified source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back