Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2023 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 95

bevanc

500+ Head-Fier
Pittsburgh Headphone Meet

Date: 10th June
Time: 11am to 3pm
Location: Stereo Stereo, Warrendale PA, 20 minutes north of downtown Pittsburgh, easily accessible from I-79 and I-76.

Back by popular demand, and only 8 months after the first one, we are going to do another headphone meet in Pittsburgh,

Michael Klein, the owner of Stereo Stereo, has again graciously said that we can use his store for the meet.

Michael has been in the business for many years and is very passionate about Hi-Fi. He also carries some really nice headphones and equipment, being a dealer for Grado, Focal, Audeze, iFi, Hifi Rose and DCS. He also recently added Ferrum Audio, which I am excited to try out.

I will again be bringing my Schiit Bifrost 2/64 and Jotunheim 2, but will be adding my Nitsch Magni Piety amp, my Chord Mojo 2 and my HifiMan Arya Stealth.

There is no charge for the meet, drinks and snacks will be provided and all are welcome.

Michael runs Roon throughout his store and has multiple endpoints, so we can spread out and enjoy listening.

If streaming isn’t your thing, Michael has CD players and even turntables for the analog among us.

Do you have a headphones, headphone amp or DAC that you want to bring along? Feel free, just make sure to bring the cables!

If you have questions please send me a PM

Link to the old thread with some reviews and pictures from October.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hea...rgh-pa-october-22nd-2022.964473/post-17212134

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 9:52 PM Post #3 of 95
I'm interested in this! I plan on bringing my Stax SR-L700mk2 and Hifiman Shangri-La Jr headphones and a modded Stax SRM-006tS electrostatic amp to drive them, plus the respective headphone stands for the headphones (those there last time may remember how my headphones had to just be placed on the table). I also plan on bringing a modded Sony MDR-Z7M2 and a Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Closed with perforated earpads (which makes it sound like the Aeon 2 Noire). I'm keen to try my Aeon with the Ferrum Erco that Michael has at the store.

I have some other gear at home that I could bring if people are interested: Hifiman R7DX, Focal Elex, Hifiman Sundara, and FiiO K9 Pro AKM.

May 3, 2023 at 9:58 PM Post #4 of 95
The missus and I will be there!!
Equipment I have to share.

LCD2f Dekoni pads
Hifiman R9 JM OCD Extreme stealth
HD 58x Yaxi pads
Grado 325 Goldie Yaxi Pads

Flux F22 amp
Nad Cd538
Schiit Modi
Schiit Magni Hershey

Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #5 of 95
Awesome! So are you looking for people to bring their gear? I can bring my setup if I have a table to put it on. I bought a xDuoo 604 and an XLR switcher just haven't put them in my sig yet.

May 4, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #6 of 95
Awesome! So are you looking for people to bring their gear? I can bring my setup if I have a table to put it on. I bought a xDuoo 604 and an XLR switcher just haven't put them in my sig yet.
Yes please! Especially the RMI , the Gilmore and the xDuoo! I have fond memories of my Asgard 2.... Regret selling it to a friend if I'm honest. Also great to keep your coffee warm.

May 4, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #7 of 95
Yes please! Especially the RMI , the Gilmore and the xDuoo! I have fond memories of my Asgard 2.... Regret selling it to a friend if I'm honest. Also great to keep your coffee warm.

True story, when I first move here I was renting a room in a guys house. The gas was out and the gas people said they should be around "about 3 pm" to turn the gas back on and hence the heat. They were delayed. Rather then run out and buy a space heater I just put my Asgard 2 under a blanket and turned it on. Worked just fine.

May 4, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #8 of 95
So will we have assigned seats at the meetup or just show up and sit wherever? Are there security cameras at Stereo Stereo?

May 4, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #9 of 95
So will we have assigned seats at the meetup or just show up and sit wherever? Are there security cameras at Stereo Stereo?
Just sit where you want. out of all the meets i have either hosted or been to, equipment dont disappear. Worst thing someone takes a normal power cable or rca that they grabbed by accident, usually ends with shipping it back to the owner just calling it a loss as its like 5-10 bucks for new one.
Plus this store has equipment in the 10s of thousands of dollars range, I guess what I am saying watch your stuff but dont be worried of it walking away.

Example: At the last one at this venue someone forgot their Hart cable adaptor I had 2 extras let him borrow one of mine and I nearly forgot about it, (Wife said something), But as we were packing up he brought it back to me, he could have easily walked away with a 30 dollar adapter but he returned it to me without being asked to, In other words the People are good here.

Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #10 of 95
Cool, if someone stole my RME ADI-2 I could just buy another. However my Sennheiser HD590 was discontinued 20 years ago and I had to win an auction in Dorchester, England to get another pair when mine broke. Came in the original box :)

May 4, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #11 of 95
Cool, if someone stole my RME ADI-2 I could just buy another. However my Sennheiser HD590 was discontinued 20 years ago and I had to win an auction in Dorchester, England to get another pair when mine broke. Came in the original box :)
You will be good :)

May 4, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #12 of 95
I think I said it on the last thread, but I will bring DIY amp, DIY DAC and ZMF Caldera.

PXL_20230209_193535053.NIGHT-2 (1).jpg

May 4, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #13 of 95
I think I said it on the last thread, but I will bring DIY amp, DIY DAC and ZMF Caldera.

PXL_20230209_193535053.NIGHT-2 (1).jpg
Excited to spend some time with the Caldera and your DAC.

May 4, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #15 of 95
I have to check with the wife to see if we have anything going on that weekend. If we don't I will definitely be there..The first one was a really good time..Cool people, good conversation and a lot of great gear to listen to...If I am able to attend I will probably bring my Woo Audio WA6 and my ZMF Atriums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back