Headphone Recomendation
May 1, 2013 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

krubenok

New Head-Fier
Hi, new to Head-fi,

Im looking for a bit of a headphone upgrade. I currently have a pair of Sennheiser HD-280 that I really love but want to go further. I usually listen to EDM dance music and electronic. I was considering stepping up to the 598s but from the reviews I've seen here, the bass seem to be somewhat lacking. My price range is around 250$, preferably a little less. If you also have any ideas for a nice desktop (compact) DAC/amp combo that would also be much appreicated.

Thanks!
krubenok

May 2, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #2 of 4
First off - This seems to be more of a full-sized query, so I'd recommend you move this thread to the full-sized subsection for more input, as well as asking on the full-sized recommendations thread.

Anything else in term of sound/signature preferences? While genres are helpful in narrowing choices down, we do have our own subjective preferences in regards to how we'd like them to be presented. 

May 2, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #3 of 4
I really am enjoying everything there is about the HD-280s at the moment, their soundstage was one of the stand out differeances from what I had before. I generally like a very crisp sound that can really show the weakness in an inferior recording. I also really enjoy a very powerful base note.

As for moving the post, I'm not sure if I can do that yet/can find the function. 

Thanks.

May 2, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 4
Staging, crisp, bass - if you mind slightly less bass but still balanced in the grand scheme of things, do check out the A900X. 

Otherwise, in order to move the thread, just PM an admin or a mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back