***Headphone Stands***
Jan 12, 2024 at 12:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

E8ArmyDiver

100+ Head-Fier
I am very close to pulling the trigger on the finest set of headphones I am likely to ever own(Focal Clear MG)& have been looking at stands..I wasn't to impressed with Amazon's choices,although I did get an ok double stand for my 2 lower tier sets..I already have an Omega style wood stand but I'm concerned with this style stretching out the headband..I have also seen here several full size skull stands..
For those of you who use either the Omega style,a skull/head type,or similar,have you noticed the clamping force of the headbands loosening up or am I worrying about nothing?
Thanks very much,take care..

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #2 of 13
I am very close to pulling the trigger on the finest set of headphones I am likely to ever own(Focal Clear MG)& have been looking at stands..I wasn't to impressed with Amazon's choices,although I did get an ok double stand for my 2 lower tier sets..I already have an Omega style wood stand but I'm concerned with this style stretching out the headband..I have also seen here several full size skull stands..
For those of you who use either the Omega style,a skull/head type,or similar,have you noticed the clamping force of the headbands loosening up or am I worrying about nothing?
I know this is not answering your question but take a look at the line of Woo Audio stands. They have a nice wide surface for the headband and don't stretch anything out. Highly recommended.

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #3 of 13
I've used an Omega stand for a while, and on the model I have, I don't think it is stretching anything. With large/long headphones, they reach pretty far down towards the bottom, where the stands get slimmer again. So with my He1000's, the clamp is minimal.
However, I have stopped using it, as my model had a pretty rough surface, which actually made me worry about wearing out the pads. So, I'm looking into another solution as well.

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #4 of 13
Jan 12, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #5 of 13
Jan 12, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #7 of 13
Etsy?Never been there before,I'll check it out thanks..

Jan 17, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #8 of 13
Jan 17, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #9 of 13
Here is the wet blanket comment. If you have headphones with very strong magnets (planar/estat that uses mylar film) and there is any grilling/frying using oil (even outside if the air flow gets into the room with the headphones) I wouldn't advise leaving them in the open when not in use. Particles of cooking fumes are very small and many carry an electrical charge. The gauze on your headphones (front and/or rear) won't stop those particles.

While I have not seen a planar/estat speaker or headphone stop working because of it, I have seen and owned Martin-Logan and Magnepan speakers that did get fouled with those fumes, and be negatively affected sonically - and the magnets in those per area are a lot weaker than those in your average HFM headphone.

I have the best of both, a custom made stand that holds 4 cans for company,, and a nice air tight plastic bin with desiccant packs in it to keep the moisture on the cans from being a problem when not in use.

Jan 17, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #11 of 13
any grilling/frying using oil (even outside if the air flow gets into the room with the headphones) I wouldn't advise leaving them in the open when not in use. Particles of cooking fumes are very small and many carry an electrical charge.

This is a worry of mine. Like most modern houses, mine has big open-concept rooms, and my listening chair is ~40 feet away from the kitchen stove. And our cooking often involves spices, oils, and fumes ...

My headphones are right out in the open:
20240117_231608.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 2:39 AM Post #12 of 13
20230222_091014.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back