Headphone Tube Amps under $300
Jul 6, 2012 at 3:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kstuart

1000+ Head-Fier
Whereas you can generally find lists of all popular full-size closed headphones (for example), either from just doing a search at stores like Headroom, or else lists at reviews sites. in contrast tube headphone amps seem to come from a variety of sources, and seem to be inconsistently reviewed.

So, I could use a short list of the more popular tube headphone amps under $300.  DIY is possible if necessary.

In other words, what are the ATH-M50, and HD555 of inexpensive tube headphone amps ? :)

Thanks !

Jul 6, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #2 of 5
It doesn't exist... Ah oh yes the Crack bottlehead!

Jul 6, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
It doesn't exist... Ah oh yes the Crack bottlehead!

With all due respect... in less than a day I have come across three ones besides the Bottlehead - I was just wondering if there were any "Head-Fi Favorites" in that category...

Jul 6, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #4 of 5
Look into Little Dot offerings, or just search fleabay. That being said in my very limited experience(a few SS amps VS a LD MKiii) for less than $300 SS amps are much better than tubes.

Jul 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #5 of 5
ebay has all sorts of stuff - some of it looks very dubious, hence the idea of Head-Fi Favorites.  I'll check out Little Dot (in fact I remember seeing that name often here), thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back