Headphones better than Ultrasone hfi 780 for house music
Mar 17, 2012 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Headphoneboi

New Head-Fier
I am looking for the best headphones in the price range of up to $200 that are good for house music (good bass). And so I have been researching headphones and so far I have found the Ultrasone hfi 780 headphones. Now, before I buy the headphones, I want to know if there are any other headphones that are even better for house music. Please help :).

Mar 17, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #2 of 26
The Ultrasone HFI-580 have more emphasized bass (and a lower price), while the HFI-780 are a bit more balanced for Ultrasone headphones.

Mar 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #4 of 26

Quote:
And which is better? Sony MDR XB500, 700 or the Ultrasone hfi 580, 780?

in terms of what.. studio quality with good bass? HFI 580 takes it. Studio quality with good bass but more rock prone? 780.

the XB series are for if you are a consumer that wants super bass. muddy with no studio and real audio qualities. i enjoy that sometimes and that's why i bought one and the XB's are more comfortable. the XB has more bass quanitity but HFI's have more bass quality.

for house with bass the HFI 580s would be better

are you a "new" audiophile? if you are it will take you a bit to "learn" the audiophile sound. about a week. and after..you will never go back

Mar 17, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #5 of 26
I agree with bowei006.

There are similarities between the XB500 and XB700 on Sony's side, the HFI-580 and HFI-780 on Ultrasone's side, in which the lower numbered models have a more present bass but also because of that they're a bit less balanced.

Overall, Ultrasone headphones fare quite well with electronica in general, so if house (and other electronica sub genres) is going to be the bulk of your listening, then the Ultrasone HFI-580 would be the better pick from the 4 headphones you listed.

Mar 18, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #7 of 26
Do you think that the 580s might have an overload of bass?
And if there are any other brands please let me know.

Overload? No. It hits bass notes perfect giving you bass in songs you want, little in songs that dont require any and that oomph in rock songs. The 580 also does rock very well especially with an EQ. You can make it overload and go into XB territory but inlike the xbs when u get into xb territories with the 580s the mids and highs fet destroyed.literaly.

If you are new again, it will take about a week to get used to the new sound. But yes electronica is also an ultrasone strong point.

Mar 18, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #9 of 26
^ i cant answer that as i dont have personal or even near experience with them. I would wait for someone to answer OR go to an ultrasone fan thread and look for people that have the pro 550 and even better if they also have hfi 580. Make sure they are active members first(last login date;some dont have one and that means they arent active) and pm them. The pro 550s arent as popular or well known but hey who said popularity means everything :)

Keep in mind ultrasones are only comfortable for a short time, have a large clamp force, sometimes uncomfortable headband, and isnt glasses friendly. But despite that, beyers ... I find have a hard time sonically beating the ultrasones in the genres you want. I only have exp with 770/80 so i wont speak for other beyers.

Mar 18, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #10 of 26

Quote:
Keep in mind ultrasones are only comfortable for a short time, have a large clamp force, sometimes uncomfortable headband, and isnt glasses friendly. But despite that, beyers ... I find have a hard time sonically beating the ultrasones in the genres you want. I only have exp with 770/80 so i wont speak for other beyers.

I disagree with the comfort situation, I find the Ultrasones to be acceptably comfortable, and I wear glasses without any discomfort whatsoever, but my pads are velour, so that helps.

Mar 18, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #12 of 26
Well, while I can spend an entire day with the velour pads without them bothering me a single bit,  the pleather ones are still ok and can still be used for a few hours without much trouble.

I never really understood some of the comfort complains, and I'm not talking about you bowie006.

Mar 19, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #15 of 26

Quote:
I know, everyone is different,,people complain about clamp and i can see that. But that part doesnt bother me. Its just the overal comfort. Plz tell me or link me the velour pads plz roller
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, they're the stock Pro 900 pads. If you are willing to transplant its pads to a different Ultrasone locking mechanism model, you're in for a treat :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back