Headphones for bass.
Nov 30, 2015 at 12:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Melophile

New Head-Fier
I currently own a pair of V-MODA Crossfade M-100 because when I was searching (albeit never creating accounts on forums to ask, just skimming Google results) for strictly a bass-heavy pair of headphones, I remember reading around on the internet that these were the headphones for those seeking bass.

While I'm not going to deny that they have a good amount of bass, I also own a pair of SteelSeries Siberia V2 (a gaming headset) that has just as much bass as the M-100. The M-100 set me back $300 at the time of purchase, and the Siberia V2 were $50 at the time of purchase. The differences in clarity were obvious, the M-100s won at that, but quite frankly, I felt like that extra $250 I spent weren't worth it if I could find the same amount of bass in a $50 gaming headset.

I have 2 12" subs paired with stock interior stereo speakers in my car, so I'm use to having the bass overwhelm the mids and highs. I'm looking for something like that, but in headphone form. What is the first pair of headphones you think of when you think of overwhelming bass? Would it be Beats?

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #2 of 12
Well, Beats certainly can have overwhelming bass, but the quality is for most models below average for their price range. The more you spend on headphones, the less significant the differences in sound quality will be.

For extreme bass, you might want to look here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-hardest-hitting-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club

Beware! No headphone will ever create the same feeling as subwoofers. Headphones simply can't acchieve that.

Nov 30, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #3 of 12
I know Sennheiser's new urbanite series is designed to be somewhat bassy but what you're talking about seems to be incredibly heavy on the bass.

Beware! No headphone will ever create the same feeling as subwoofers. Headphones simply can't achieve that.

Actually I heard somewhere that a headphone company developed some headphones with integrated subwoofers.

I mostly search audiophile headphones where bass isn't a priority so I won't know any headphones but when you go into more mainstream brands (i.e. Skullcandy, Monster), bass becomes more important.

I actually think Skullcandy developed some new headphones called "Skullcrushers" with excessive amounts of bass and even a variable bass gain slider on the back of the cups.

Nov 30, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #4 of 12
I am new to all this but i am in the market for headphones that has powerful bass. The thump presence. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Ive read a couple of your posts but i prefer in-ears.
Thanks

Nov 30, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #6 of 12
Anyone who wants ultimate bass impact (not merely bass quantity without the impact) should look here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-hardest-hitting-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club

Note that you will need to boost the bass with EQ in conjunction with an amp powerful enough to handle it in order to get the most impactful experience. Swapping pads can also help.

Nov 30, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #7 of 12
Another option for basshead phones is Sony V55 extra bass.  They are a good price compared to beats and get huge bass vibration, like 'bass soundstage'.  They manage to keep it realistic, so you can hear the rest of the music great with the bass pretty darn heavy.  Some detail with Neodynium(sp?) drivers but not like reference class sennheisers, they aren't that detailed and true to sound like headphones in higher price categories may be.  They sound better than beats to me.

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #8 of 12
I am new to all this but i am in the market for headphones that has powerful bass. The thump presence. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Ive read a couple of your posts but i prefer in-ears.
Thanks

Klipsch recently developed some in-ears with built-in Subwoofers.

If it's within your price range, try these two links:
klipsch.com/products/reference-x20i-in-ear-headphones
klipsch.com/products/reference-xr8i-in-ear-headphones

Hope this could help.
Nemo

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #10 of 12
Klipsch recently developed some in-ears with built-in Subwoofers.

If it's within your price range, try these two links:
klipsch.com/products/reference-x20i-in-ear-headphones
klipsch.com/products/reference-xr8i-in-ear-headphones

Hope this could help.
Nemo

I ordered the x201 but i wont be able to see how it actually is because its a present for someone. I am currently trying to purchase another one from a seller on here but either way ill ask how it is! Thanks man

Dec 5, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #11 of 12
I too have the M100 and my love affair with audio gear started in car audio as well. I will tell you right now do not bother if you expect to find something with that kind of impact.

I was unable to replicate the feeling of trunk subs in my home and certainly have not been able to auditioning head phones. I've recently tried HE400i and Audeze LCD2. These have good bass and are not cheap at all but they'll never do what 50wrms and a single 12" can do in your trunk or hatch.

I love bass but my musical tastes have evolved somewhat so it isn't the be all end all for me now. Your tastes may change too. I'd try as many phones as you can and see what you can live with.

That's my 2 cents.

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #12 of 12
Looking for awesome bass but would mind to do some minor mods and cost you no more than 150$.

. I am starting a mod that one of my friends showed me and sounded bass ass...
. take the skullcandy crushers apart
. replace the 40mm drivers with drivers from the Sony xb-450

You'll end up with the best bass in the 150$ price range.... You will not only hear bass that sounds good but you will feel it to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back