Headphones for deep bass.
Feb 19, 2013 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

metalsam

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for over-ear headphones with deep bass and amazing sound overall. I'm gonna use them mostly for music and also for video games. I'm not really gonna use them in public but they should be pretty stylish. Normally, I listen to heavy music and electronic music. They should also be easy on ears and shouldn't hurt after long usage.

To sum up, I want good looking over-ear headphones with great sound that shouldn't cost more than $600.

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #4 of 22
Quote:

+1 on that; if the OP has a budget of $600 there's really no point in getting an XB-series.

I'd also vouch for the Ultrasone PRO900, especially because of S-Logic for gaming.

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #7 of 22
The Ultrasone Pro 900s, as stated a couple of times, are known for their bass performance. I love my set but I wouldn't call the bass overbearing (certainly not the the extent that I was told of before purchasing but it may be my sources). They're quite comfortable and sit well on my huge head. I can comfortably use them for hours without fatigue. They're also look darn sharp, in my opinion.

I'm not sure if there's something better for your $600 but I bet you'd enjoy the Pro 900s. Perhaps there is a modded headphone with better extension or impact but I'm not well versed on what's out there.

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #10 of 22
Well if you'd prefer open, then that rules out the Pro 900's.  Arent the D2000's closed also?  Ive never owned or heard them so i can't comment really on those.

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #11 of 22
Quote:
+1 on that; if the OP has a budget of $600 there's really no point in getting an XB-series.

I was just going off of it should cost more than $600.  He can get the XB700s and save money to take his significant other to a bed and breakfast or something.

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #14 of 22
Closed back will give more satisfying bass.  Honestly, S Logic is a little overhyped, but its for sure better than no surround sound "technology".  Audio Technica make some great headphones also, but I dont think they compete with Ultrasone in bass.  Also, I have compared the 900's with and without an amp, and they do sound noticeably better WITH an amp.  If i were going to spend over 500 dollars on a solid pair of headphones, I would at least consider an amp.  Even if its a low budget one, and even if the impedence seems like it doesn't require one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back